Door water leak help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door water leak help

hi all. My drivers side front door is letting in water and soaking the carpet.
    I have changed the door seal but still the same. I can see the water pooling on the seal and the water trial to carpet. Any ideas ? Can the wing mirror to door seal cause this?

the doors are designed to let water come down the ends of the glass scraper/seal (horizontal seal between the window opening and glass) then its supposed to fall into the door cavity and out the louvres in the bottom of the door and over the sill. this is normal, the doors arent "sealed", its organised leaking

for some reason the above doesnt happen, water comes down the window regulator mechanism, over the elec motors and runs down the back of the plastic door card liner, then over the cabin side of the door seal, into the carpet.

solution is to "cat flap" the plastic door card liner at the bottom, and poke two flaps back through the holes in the doors like the picture below. if you havent got the liners (it should have) you can make some out of damp proof course from builders merchant (plastic sheet you would lay under poured slabs)

Last edited by DarrenH; 14-01-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Darren you are legend! Really appreciate the info above. Will give it a try. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
        the doors are designed to let water come down the ends of the glass scraper/seal (horizontal seal between the window opening and glass) then its supposed to fall into the door cavity and out the louvres in the bottom of the door and over the sill. this is normal, the doors arent "sealed", its organised leaking

for some reason the above doesnt happen, water comes down the window regulator mechanism, over the elec motors and runs down the back of the plastic door card liner, then over the cabin side of the door seal, into the carpet.

solution is to "cat flap" the plastic door card liner at the bottom, and poke two flaps back through the holes in the doors like the picture below. if you havent got the liners (it should have) you can make some out of damp proof course from builders merchant (plastic sheet you would lay under poured slabs)
        I will be putting the door cards back on mine next week and have had to discard the plastic liner as it was broken , so this is useful info , cheers

Comment

I had the exact same problem, the above sorted my leak out.

Comment

p.s in the members section there's a guide for all the other common leak spots on the whole car

Comment

Working...
            X