Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor pan

Hi

I am thinking about replacing both floor pans on my astra. I just wondering how difficult a job it is and anyone got any pointers on how to go a about it.

Thanks Darren

Re: Floor pan

Well its not difficult if you have some good metal to cut back to but it depends on how far you want to go ....

Not wanting to put you off but you can see some of the work I did on my 8v where I replaced the front sections (only because most of my issues were in the front section of the floor ... well that may be a bit of an understatement ) start here http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/showt...l=1#post354049 or grab a cuppa-T and start a lot further back if you really want a scare ....

How bad is your floor pans and what's the surrounding inner sills and bulkhead like?

Laurie
    My vehicles:
    1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. My floor pans have gone in the same place as yours. I haven't dug deep into the bulkhead yet but there is a bit behind the pedals I can see. I was going to replace both sills.

Cheers Darren

Comment

Couple of pics

Comment

Looks like you have some good metal around so I'd be inclined to do patch repairs or just a part floor pan replacement as long as you have sound metal to cut back to ..... opening up the floor while you can sometimes get a pleasant surprise you can also get a shock ...

L.
          My vehicles:
          1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go down that root. I will get a couple floor pans and use as patches.

Cheers Darren

Comment

Hello i am looking for a full floor pan right side for a bedford astra van mk2 1985 model. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X