Crackle or Crinkle Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackle or Crinkle Paint

I'm thinking of doing my cam cover in a crinkle paint. Anyone used this type and have any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Re: Crackle or Crinkle Paint

I'm thinking of trying this stuff .... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHT-BLACK-...item3a78783a8d

Comment

I was going to do this myself when i get around to doing the engine,so be handy to know myself

Comment

I used the same stuff as what you've listed on some bits of my 3i engine its quiet hard to tell from photos (especially taken with the rubbish camera i had at the time) but here's a couple i took when i was putting it back together

I painted my bits roughly 3 years ago and its lasting really well no chips,nicks or peeling going on.

I found what ever you were painting needed to be warm so i did my painting then moved the item to some where ware there was a fair bit of radiant heat in my case in front of a radiator on full chat, its only as it dries the wrinkles start to form so you need to make sure you've got a really nice thick coating on it for the best effect.

Mark.

Comment

That looks good !!

Comment

Cheers I think I used just shy of two cans doing the rocker cover & inlet manifold but I really bollocked it on really thick.

Another tip for you make sure once you've put a coat on make sure you upturn the can & give the nozzle a blow out, the paint itself only takes a couple of minutes until its touch dry & it's all too easy for the nozzle to get partially blocked up then when you try & put the next coat on you get a big blob come out & land right in the middle of what your painting & it's back to square one

Comment

Bloody iPhone double posting
              Last edited by gte malin; 23-10-2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBox View Post
                That looks good !!
                I have used VHT on my manifold and it still looks mint and the engine has been ran loads although not really on the road

Comment

LOL, just found this thread, been using that stuff a lot recently for my work projects, but also some bits on the Astra...

Comment

Working...
                  X