My New Purchase - Astra GTE 16v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Purchase - Astra GTE 16v

Hi Guys, just thought i'd put a thread up of my latest GTE purchase. All thanks to a couple of rather nice chaps down Essex way!! (Laney& Mr Dobson) who had heard from the owner that he was looking to put the car up for sale and wondered if they knew anyone that was interested in buying it and giving it a good home. When Laney & Mark got in contact and asked if i was interested in owning another GTE and started to send some pictures through of the car i just knew i had to go and have a serious look at it. So a viewing was arranged!

The car is an absolute credit to the previous owner who has carried out what can only be described as a full strip down to bare shell and then extensively restored the car from the ground up with loads of either new parts or cleaned and painted existing parts. The car really is like new inside and out. Opportunities don't come along very often to purchase a GTE restored to this standard so soon made my mind up that i really needed to but it! So a price was negotiated and accepted and the deal was done.

The car is now safely back at home and stored away in the garage at the moment just waiting for some decent dry Spring weather to come along so i can take it out and give it a good drive and put some miles on it. A few pictures of the car below taken by the previous owner whilst undergoing restoration with a few at the very bottom i took when i went to see the car for sale.

No15.jpg
    No17.jpgNo26.jpgNo27.jpgNo28.jpgNo36.jpgNo48.jpgNo62.jpgNo63.jpgNo75.jpgNo81.jpgNo82.jpgNo85A.jpgNo84.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Clive; 10-01-2021, 03:01 PM.

Very nice. Is that Rembrandt silver?

Comment

Hi thanks, yes car is finished in Rembrandt Silver. Indoor pictures don't really do it justice !

Comment

That is bloody beautifull! Really do like the look of that if you ever think about selling it please elt me know. I need a GTE back in my life its been far to long.

Comment

very nice one my favourite colours in the 16v

Comment

Originally posted by braders View Post
            That is bloody beautifull! Really do like the look of that if you ever think about selling it please elt me know. I need a GTE back in my life its been far to long.
            Thanks appreciate the comments. The car really does have to be seen to be appreciated. I've never been that good at taking pictures! The car was restored by the previous owner with the intention of keeping it so it has been finished to a really high detailed standard. It will be a long time before i even think about selling this but thanks for your interest !!!

Comment

Originally posted by martybelfastSRI View Post
              very nice one my favourite colours in the 16v
              Thanks Marty yes there aren't that many left in that colour but one of my favourite's too

Comment

Looks stunning Clive

Comment

Originally posted by mrdezzer View Post
                  Looks stunning Clive
                  Thanks Kris. Vauxhall window security stickers turned up too so thanks for those. I've put those on along with Philips radio window stickers which i already had just to give a bit of an authentic look!
                  Its about time you had that GTE resto of yours finished now or at least a bit of an update on your thread ?

Comment

No problem Clive. The car is currently a bare shell apart from the engine is still in, the underside has been stripped back to metal and needs a small amount of welding after removing the underseal uncovered some small holes. Almost all parts are to be replaced for new and the large metal parts that are not new have been to the blasters and powder coated so its coming together now.

I do not really have many pictures as since my accident I have not been able to walk but as soon as I am back on my feet I will visit and post some pictures up. Need to see some pictures of your car with the stickers in place!!

Comment

Wow,, thats stunning and lovely , makes me well jealous and puts mine to shame

Comment

Nice job Clive .... As if we would expect anything less lol

L.
                        My vehicles:
                        1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

The pics don't do it justice! This car isn't just mint..... It's prob the cleanest mk2 on the planet...... Apart from Clive's leather edition lol

If you want to swop seats @ any point clive let me know as your ones are super mint! And I know lee went overboard with having them retrimmed

ps, I'm super glad to help both Clive and lee

Comment

Nice one Clive pleased to help source a new rear screen for it and as you reminded me I also supplied its quarters a while back!

Comment

Originally posted by brooner22 View Post
                              Wow,, thats stunning and lovely , makes me well jealous and puts mine to shame
                              Hi thanks Brooner, the car really is a credit to the previous owner though and restored it to an exceptionally high standard. Going to be looking after this one for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X