GTE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tashyface View Post
    I was going to wait till I got the car idling correctly before sorting the cooling, I haven’t waited and placed the orders for rad, cooler, fan, can’t for the life of me locate some top rad mount brackets. I’ll keep ya posted. Not much to report, new alternator on today.
    On my setup i ended up ditching the OE top rad mounts as the one by the turbo to afm pipe was being a pain and was fouling the afm hose.

Also fyi i had to trim the bumper from behind in order for the intercooler to sit nicely.
    Last edited by G.TERI.E; 13-05-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I though it was tight, I said to my mate some of the bumper will need cutting. Cheers for the heads up.

Comment

never been a fan of aftermarket wheels on my cars tho they look really well on that

Comment

Not a deal to report at the moment. Had a delivery today. Intercooler and pipe work.

Comment

DD1F403D-0F2E-4F49-9FFE-22461DA674F6.jpeg

Comment

Looks like you've got the hang of pictures, they are working great and the pictures are great too

re: vxr injectors, what flow rate are they cc/min? I think you may be on a hiding to nowhere doing a straight swap

Comment

Hi Darren, it was the Bosch 470cc injectors. Fuel pressure is currently 2.2 bar. Got a new fuel pump, just need to fit it. Then I guess we go from there with idling issue.

Comment

stock yellow injectors at 3 bar are 346cc/min. vxr are 470cc/min at 3 bar. so if you plug vxr injectors into a stock loom and ecu they will still open the injectors for the same duration as the yellows = dramatic overfuelling (fair enough it might block learn in closed loop at idle and part throttle and trim them back)

if you are changing the management and ditching the narrowband then ignore me !

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                    stock yellow injectors at 3 bar are 346cc/min. vxr are 470cc/min at 3 bar. so if you plug vxr injectors into a stock loom and ecu they will still open the injectors for the same duration as the yellows = dramatic overfuelling (fair enough it might block learn in closed loop at idle and part throttle and trim them back)

if you are changing the management and ditching the narrowband then ignore me !
                    I think Eds ph2 are in the pipeline Darren.

Comment

Thanks Darren, as Terri said, will be looking at eds after paint. Got the new fuel pump on and fuel filter yesterday. RPM now at 1000 when warm. It’s coming down! Hopefully I can get an MOT on it next week and some tax then take it for an actual run.

Comment

Ph2 chips are still mapped for stock injectors if I remember right, same for ph3 but fuel pressure increased to 60psi

Comment

Little update, good news and bad, good, we have mot. Needed to tax it but couldn’t find the bloody log book so I have had to fill a v62 form for a new log book. Couldn’t tax it online without the log book, but the nice man at the post office still taxed it me. So still all good. Took it for its first outing, let her warm up and put some fresh juice in, all old was drained. Once warm and fuelled up I let it rip. Bad news, everything seems ok until approximately 4000 rpm and the car literally cuts out, zero power. It’s almost like its ran out of fuel. I think it could be fuel starvation, but I don’t know at the moment. The new fuel pump is a updated fuel pump which I think is very loud, although I don’t have any interior in at the moment so may seem extra loud. I still have the old fuel pump so might put that back on. It wasn’t necessary faulty, I just changed it as I was having starting and idling issues. Still idling at 1000rpm when warm.

Comment

If you haven't check inside the fuel tank at all I'd recommend you remove the fuel pickup that feeds the fuel pump located at the rear of the tank on the mk2. You might have deterioration on the inside of your tank with tiny rust particles in there which are blocking the fuel pickup strainer/filter inside the tank and causing the pump noise as it's trying to suck with less and less fuel getting through and eventually causing the engine to stop due to fuel starvation. I had this happen to my Vectra ST200 which had been dry stored inside a heated garage, with yours sitting as it was I won't be surprised if this is your issue. So check the insides of the fuel tank thoroughly and replace it if needs be.

Comment

Thanks Harvey, the old fuel was drained off, not much fuel in there, but didn’t check the tank as you’ve suggested.

Comment

My thoughts are there could be loose particles within the tank & when you floor it these are being sucked onto the internal strainer/filter/pickup when the fuel pump demands max suction & thus it's being blocked. Anyway have a check internally & let us know what you find.

Comment

Working...
                                X