Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mk2 gte c20 let

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Loving the Speedline Mistrals looking tidy sir, keep at it.
    My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

    Comment


    • #17
      cheers for all the replays , Hopefully i,ll get the car out the garage one day and to a car show as in middle of taking the engine out now to forge the engine and tidy up the engine bay and check the Bulkhead

      Comment


      • #18
        I`ve finally managed to get the Rear end built up and car back on the floor except for the fuel tank as have ordered anther one as got one powder coated but forgot about the Hose inside it . new tank should be hear next week then its off to painters to get painted and get fitted at some point .

        I`ve removed the engine and sent that off to my mates garage for a freshen up and forged engine then i will get the bulkhead sorted and few other bits i want do . The engine Loom has been removed and sent away to get a custom made one as the loom was looking tired and worn and i will get a cossie fuel pump loom too while he`s making mine so can replace the fuel pump wires .



        IMG_5710[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        IMG_5713[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        IMG_5720[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        IMG_5724[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        IMG_5780[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        IMG_5725[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

        Comment


        • #19
          Get the bulkhead brake pipes sorted as they look a mess, pet hate of mine when people just slap new pipes on without a care of what they look like grrr. Rack mount is sold enough but I'd still add more strength. Mine was a mess on the drives side but no movement after I beefed it up with 3mm angle iron.
          My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

          Comment


          • #20
            Don`t worry , All brake lines will be getting replaced and will be as as neat as possible as hate seeing brake pipes that look crap , Rack mount is getting removed and sorted as dont like how it looks as will be strengthening it up with Box section and fillet angles too

            Comment


            • #21
              just a wee update , I have replaced the steering mount with a second hand one i manged to get , Also replaced some areas where the rust had set and filled a few small holes , I replaced the complete front end and stitch welded the engine bay and attached a support for the steering mount. The steering mount is now solid compared to the major flex it had before .


              Just need to clean up some weld then car will be off to get engine bay painted then the fun and games start , Also the C20 let engine should be stripped and forged by the time i get home from offshore as mate is doing it as he genius with vauxhall C20 lets . There is finally light at the end of the tunnel , Just ha ha

              IMG_6431 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6451 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6452 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6453 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6454 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6460 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6461 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6462 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6545 by craig brown, on Flickr

              IMG_6840 by craig brown, on Flickr

              Comment


              • #22
                IMG_7472 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7538 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7543 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7544 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7545 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7546 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7797 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7799 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8068 by craig brown, on Flickr


                IMG_8071 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8079 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8080 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8081 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8082 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8083 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8084 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8085 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8105 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_8107 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7466 by craig brown, on Flickr

                IMG_7467 by craig brown, on Flickr

                Comment


                • #23
                  well i haven't posted for a while now so thought i would give you`s a wee up-date . The car has been finally painted and really happy with the paint job since it was a cashier. The front structs was stripped down and powder coated and new wheel bearings fitted and new top mounts fitted too . All bolts was yellow Nicol plated . When my mate stripped the engine he found the cylinder head has been skimmed abit too much for his liking so was lucky enough my mate was selling it Coscast head . Although it doesnt say coscast on it . i mailed SBD Motorsport and they confirmed it was a coscast as it doesn't have the core plug , so was over the moon with that as especially since its brand new and got it at a steal really .

                  I can finally start re-building the car which i thought i would never see so hopefully in the next 6 months or so i think the car should be all finished and ready for a few test runs to make sure everything is running correctly

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Coming together really nicely now. Keep up the good work and look forward to further updates and seeing the car finished.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by brooner22 View Post
                      well i haven't posted for a while now so thought i would give you`s a wee up-date . The car has been finally painted and really happy with the paint job since it was a cashier. The front structs was stripped down and powder coated and new wheel bearings fitted and new top mounts fitted too . All bolts was yellow Nicol plated . When my mate stripped the engine he found the cylinder head has been skimmed abit too much for his liking so was lucky enough my mate was selling it Coscast head . Although it doesnt say coscast on it . i mailed SBD Motorsport and they confirmed it was a coscast as it doesn't have the core plug , so was over the moon with that as especially since its brand new and got it at a steal really .

                      I can finally start re-building the car which i thought i would never see so hopefully in the next 6 months or so i think the car should be all finished and ready for a few test runs to make sure everything is running correctly
                      ahh! think i remember your question on FB about the head. sands of time always revealing new cool stuff about these old cars and engines!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        Coming together really nicely now. Keep up the good work and look forward to further updates and seeing the car finished.
                        thanks mate , If i get my car anything like yours then i,ll be happy

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DarrenH View Post

                          ahh! think i remember your question on FB about the head. sands of time always revealing new cool stuff about these old cars and engines!
                          yeah i know mate as i didnt know that myself , Always cool learning new stuff about these engines etc as you say

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr

                            Untitled by craig brown, on Flickr


                            thought i would post a wee update . Most of the loom re-fitted and tapped apart from the engine loom which will go in later as got another loom and mate will sort the wiring out for that . All new headlights fitted and new window washer , power steering and coolant level bottle with new sensor too . New AP racing brakes fitted on one side so could see how the look

                            Have started on re-fitting the interior and will look at modifying the central vents for new Boost gauge location and another gauge .

                            its slowly getting there now and its great feeling actually putting new parts back onto the car knowing there is light at the end of tunnel and one day i will get to a show

                            Also thats me finished buying alloys as have 4 sets now although i won't keep them all i don't think

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              so crisp !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X