No announcement yet.

Mk2 gte c20 let

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the Speedline Mistrals looking tidy sir, keep at it.
    My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Comment

cheers for all the replays , Hopefully i,ll get the car out the garage one day and to a car show as in middle of taking the engine out now to forge the engine and tidy up the engine bay and check the Bulkhead

Comment

I`ve finally managed to get the Rear end built up and car back on the floor except for the fuel tank as have ordered anther one as got one powder coated but forgot about the Hose inside it . new tank should be hear next week then its off to painters to get painted and get fitted at some point .

I`ve removed the engine and sent that off to my mates garage for a freshen up and forged engine then i will get the bulkhead sorted and few other bits i want do . The engine Loom has been removed and sent away to get a custom made one as the loom was looking tired and worn and i will get a cossie fuel pump loom too while he`s making mine so can replace the fuel pump wires .

IMG_5710[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_5713[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_5720[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_5724[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_5780[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_5725[1] by craig brown, on Flickr

Comment

Get the bulkhead brake pipes sorted as they look a mess, pet hate of mine when people just slap new pipes on without a care of what they look like grrr. Rack mount is sold enough but I'd still add more strength. Mine was a mess on the drives side but no movement after I beefed it up with 3mm angle iron.
          My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Comment

Don`t worry , All brake lines will be getting replaced and will be as as neat as possible as hate seeing brake pipes that look crap , Rack mount is getting removed and sorted as dont like how it looks as will be strengthening it up with Box section and fillet angles too

Comment

just a wee update , I have replaced the steering mount with a second hand one i manged to get , Also replaced some areas where the rust had set and filled a few small holes , I replaced the complete front end and stitch welded the engine bay and attached a support for the steering mount. The steering mount is now solid compared to the major flex it had before .

Just need to clean up some weld then car will be off to get engine bay painted then the fun and games start , Also the C20 let engine should be stripped and forged by the time i get home from offshore as mate is doing it as he genius with vauxhall C20 lets . There is finally light at the end of the tunnel , Just ha ha

IMG_6431 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6451 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6452 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6453 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6454 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6460 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6461 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6462 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6545 by craig brown, on Flickr

IMG_6840 by craig brown, on Flickr

Comment

Working...