My Belmont SRi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Belmont SRi

I got my hands on a New Belmont SRi to play with I believe it used to be an ex members on here.

So far in True Belmont fashion it failed to start as soon as I bought it so had to bump it. I have got to the bottom of the issue the battery isn't given out enough juice so charging up my spare.

Also had the side skirts off to see what the MOT man could not and have had to replace 1/3 of the sill on both sides. Also spotted a rotten spring hanger that needs doing sometime before next MOT.

Apart from that it's not to bad bit of rust in the normal places rear screen and in sunroof.
    Attached Files

Re: My Belmont SRi

nice, i like belmonts, think this was johns (dancedjs)

Comment

So much for it staying with the last owner hope you enjoy my old car it has a resto thread on here. Battery was a new vxl item before I sold it. One sill was patched guess they got worse when it was stood
      Last edited by dancedj; 18-07-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Here's my thread

Comment

Cheers for the link Dancedj looks like you did some good work getting it back to where it is. It was a GM battery on it but was only a 420 the starter must be getting a bit tired stuck a 600 on it an turns over fine now.

plans are to transfer all parts from my old SRi project that has been SORN'd for last two years after wishbone mount failed and rust took to much of a hold. Not decided on the look yet but here is my old one owned since 2002

Parts Transfering
          C20XE Engine with piper cams
          2.0l Brake setup front and back, Vented & grooved fronts with green stuff pads standard disks at back + braided houses
          bilstein sprintline dampers and Apex springs
          Polly Bushes
          TSW Big Deep 17" (once rear arch lip removed)
          HID conversion
          Digi Dash
          Trip Computer (digi Clock only available on German GTE's)
          Momo Steering wheel

none of above will change the look and will give me a couple of years to decided to either leave it standard or remake my old car.

Comment

Edit.

Comment

I have given it a bit of a clean polish and back to black just a quick job.

Also have got to the real problem with starting it was a rusty earth point now turning over really nice.

So far I have fitted:
              LED lights: Interior, Side Lights, under bonnet Light and number plate light. Glove box and boot lights not working so need fix.
              Induction kit
              clear front indicators (not pictured)
              Plastics for rear set hinges
              changed interior handle surrounds to the standard black not the jet black as fitted.

also ordered a set of these. Not sure what they will look like but prefer them to the Irmsher smoked ones.

Comment

Lights are different not seen that style before I would like to see them fitted, has the induction kit made any difference ? as I never actually fitted on my SRI.

Comment

✊��✊�� love it!!

Comment

Cheers for the Induction Kit iansri it does fell a bit more responsive but the main thing is the induction sound when you put your foot down sounds really nice.

I think the lights will fit in nicely with the red and white
                    I will be keeping all standard parts so could be back to standard at any point.

here are a few more pics of under the bonnet and the new clear indicators.

Comment

nice motor this seen it on face book for sale

leave it stock looking mate she suits it lol

Comment

deffo staying with the stock look.

another little upgrade done MK3 stalks could not find one without the rear windscreen part.

Before

After

Comment

What were the new stalks off ? Do they fit straight on mate ?

Comment

According to ebay they where off a nova but obviously not lol.
                            They are a straight swap and come of MK3 Astra or anything of similar era corsa etc.

Comment

New Bonnet fitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X