Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mightier White

Originally posted by BenH View Post
    Caddy looks good, I do like them I must admit. Who's is that GTE in the backround, must be a proper nutter to be driving around without foglights...
    Yea yea tbh i just cant be arsed to take the bumper off! Got a painted O/S skirt, lower rear bumper trim, boot handle and grill to fit to its a bit of a mish mash between nice painted and o/e faded

Caddy is getting rebuilt it was and will be running the old vw 1.9 td engine with a few tweaks . we are just going to take it back to the original white and leave it at that just a bit of welding on the passenger floor and in the drivers side front arch and she is sound. Might even clearcoat over the panel rust as it has a nice "patina" for a proper rat caddy. Not like the scene ones that are created. Engine bay is getting a fresh coat of paint though.

Comment

Astra steelies on the back of the caddy to ftw!

Comment

1.9 td! Sweet, mines done 186K smokey miles now!

Really must get round to modding the fuel pump with boost enrichment gubbins from vxl lowblow pump...
        Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
          1.9 td! Sweet, mines done 186K smokey miles now!

Really must get round to modding the fuel pump with boost enrichment gubbins from vxl lowblow pump...
          Hadn't heard of that one! I know the boost pin? out of another engine (1.6 td?) is a good mod. Its a good engine i love em only needs about 3 or 4 wires to run and last forever this ones only done 100k and hardly any smoke

Comment

Engine management light has gone out ! Havent replaced the hall sensor but a few days ago i checked all the wiring and all was good checked the sensor and it was doing what it should so i jetted the dizzy and sensor out with air to remove any metal filings etc that might be stuck to it. The dizzy cap was not in great nick and my spare was worse so i cleaned it up and re-fitted it. Started it up after having the ecu removed for several hours and engine man light still perminantly on . Then today i started her and no light no more codes Unfortunately i don't really know what i did to fix it!

Got my airbox the other week off davey (Cheers Leg end) Its now fitted too

This inspired me to a few purchases needed a new dizzy cap (not cheap!) and rotor. Decided original was the only way so got these off autovaux decided a nice new donut was in order too

Took a few random day trip photos

Comment

nice, you wont regret going bosch for the cap and arm, will last a few years (instead of a few months)

Comment

Yea original is almost always best and it has to have the black plastic cover lol but it was almost 60 quid and autovaux reckon that is pretty much what they pay for them.

Comment

pretty sure it was nudging 50 on trade club at vaux too

Comment

Looking good ..... You got the fog lights and just waiting to fit ?

I saw some on fleabay I think as a job lot .......

Laurie.

Comment

Originally posted by easytrans View Post
                      Looking good ..... You got the fog lights and just waiting to fit ?

I saw some on fleabay I think as a job lot .......

Laurie.
                      Yea i have fogs just being lazy. Actually i have been really busy which is why i can afford such frivolous purchases! I have got a box full of bits still to fit its amazing how many little bits and bobs can go missing or get modified over the years. I have found lots of nice stuff going through my hoard of bits and organising so i know what i have got and where it is. Only bits i am missing now is drivers side seat runner cover, the bonnet griffin and front bumper 16v sticker and door rub strips. Would like another drivers side seat too as the outer lower bolster has colapsed. Still have a painted grill, o/s skirt, boot handle and lower rear bumper trim to fit too then she will be looking lovely

Comment

Originally posted by tonka666 View Post
                        Yea i have fogs just being lazy. Actually i have been really busy which is why i can afford such frivolous purchases! I have got a box full of bits still to fit its amazing how many little bits and bobs can go missing or get modified over the years. I have found lots of nice stuff going through my hoard of bits and organising so i know what i have got and where it is. Only bits i am missing now is drivers side seat runner cover, the bonnet griffin and front bumper 16v sticker and door rub strips. Would like another drivers side seat too as the outer lower bolster has colapsed. Still have a painted grill, o/s skirt, boot handle and lower rear bumper trim to fit too then she will be looking lovely
                        Yeah I'd have been surprised if you hadn't got a good stash .... you sound too organised for me (or am I just seething with envy)?

I've got my original set of bump strips 99% good order if you get stuck but with your's looking so clean it would be good if you fell on a new set ....... though they do tend to go for "££££££££££££££" when they do come up.

I know its easy to swap a seat rather than repair and probably necessary if the fabric is badly rubbed but otherwise worth checking with a upholsterer as they can usually repair the foam and its as good as new again (its that little hoop bar in the seat frame that eventually cuts through the under-fabric that protects the foam and then the foam collapses either side of the hoop, so an easy fix but just time consuming).

Anyway, now the weather has turned its time to enjoy your labour of love

Laurie.

Comment

Its taken me days to sort it though and i am still not quite there been checking part numbers of black trim to see if its gte or not and sorting all the little switches grommets clips fixings got 3 of most parts lol. Its amazing how much i have collected over the years and i chucked loads of stuff away in 2005 when i lost the mk2 faith and bought a rust free mk3. Just got to empty and sort the contents of the burgandy gte then i am more organised than a german production line

Comment

is it sad that i have about 16 gaitor crates with numbers stuck on them and inventory of each contents ?

adjustable steering column shroud, and facelift heater control, ah yes thats box 9 and 4 sir

Comment

Originally posted by tonka666 View Post
                              Yea original is almost always best and it has to have the black plastic cover lol but it was almost 60 quid and autovaux reckon that is pretty much what they pay for them.
                              Thats cheap I paid 120 from vauxhall & can't even find it !

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                                is it sad that i have about 16 gaitor crates with numbers stuck on them and inventory of each contents ?

adjustable steering column shroud, and facelift heater control, ah yes thats box 9 and 4 sir
                                Thats borderline ocd levels of organisation. Its also an idea I may have to borrow as I hate knowing I have something but not being able to find it when I need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X