Mightier White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mightier White

Well i have gone and done it and bought another gte . Bought Daveys white shell yesterday and i have to say i am very pleased with it. No pics yet mainly because its pissing with rain. The plan is to keep it standard apart from the suspension and just give it lots of love and do my best to keep it in the condition it is currently in. Got an xe ready to go in and all the other parts i need to get it all up and running so hoping to have it running and mot ready by next week depending on work and weather. Pics to follow but you can see it on daveys foxes glacier not quite mint thread! My life is now complete!

Re: Mightier White

The father in-law literally came outside and stroked the tarmac that had been sat on. It was an emotional moment for him. I gave it 20 mins then promptly parked my Type R there :-) Had to keep the rain off right?

I definitely have to avoid shells/non-runners. I totally lose interest when they become a chore. At least the blue one/Richie's run. A large bulk of the work I want to do can be done whilst keeping them mobile and they stand a chance of me not ignorring them!

Best of luck with it and I hope it gets to be all it can be.

Comment

Lookin forward to seein how the mighty white turns out.

Comment

I am in love :0

All i have done so far is give it a quick going over with the pressure washer still needs a good wash and polish but i havent found any crusty stuff anywhere!

Comment

Sweet ..... (not in a belittling way) ....

Needs bump strips or (as I discovered from another picture somewhere the other day) something like the champ stripes down the side.

Purrrfect colour though not that I'm biased or anything lol

You have to run it (gently) around Bedford at least!

Laurie

Comment

It is the only colour laurie as far as i am concerned. It wont be going on track......well not yet anyway i would be scared to bend her. Not sure about rub strips, might get a decal made up like the champ though good idea! as it needs something. I have all the plastics painted too so the skirts lower bumper bit and boot handle will match the rest.

Comment

For once it actually looks as good in the flesh as the pictures just needs a few finishing touches here and there.

Comment

nice one, i think we all own or have owned a gte from davey. i spy a 205 gti whats going to happen to that?

Comment

The 205 is a long term project for a mate just got to fit a new head and she will be going for an mot. Its a 1.6 which is the best imo too. Had to pretty much replace everything on it but it will be a great car when finished. Being the only person in my area that drives 80's cars people just drop interesting stuff on my drive for me to fix!
                  Last edited by tonka666; 24-09-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dongaz View Post
                    nice one, i think we all own or have owned a gte from davey. i spy a 205 gti whats going to happen to that?
                    I do.. Davey originally offered me this 1 before i managed to convince him to part with silky. Certainly looks tidy, look forward to seeing it come together.

I also spotted the 205, i used to have an mi16 one. Was dangerously fast, awesome fun though.
                    Last edited by marks-gte; 24-09-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I to was goin to have this white one but couldn't hold out any longer so bought the Monaco blue one

Comment

Very nice indeed, so whats the plan for the other mk2's ??
                        Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
                          Very nice indeed, so whats the plan for the other mk2's ??
                          Erm pass don't really know would like to keep the merit and use that for track work. But the burgandy shell may get scrapped! Didn't really plan on buying a gte anytime soon but davey needed space and i needed a white gte in my life and this was too good to miss so i spent the last week scraping together the cash. Would really like to turbo the merit but need to get christmas out the way and re-evaluate things.

Comment

Scrapped

saab the merit
                            Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

congrats,,, nice buy :-) whats the plans for the engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X