Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.jpg6.jpg9.jpg

Comment

• A before and after of the nuts and bolts removed.

Comment

• 10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Comment

• This is some of the pictures as I have built it with the new and restored parts, I will post some large pictures up of it fitted to the car and the work installing everything. I just need to get the hang of uploading in the new format

Comment

• 14.jpg14.jpg

Comment

• That's better!!

Comment

• 8D1700CD-1635-4BFB-95CB-5F629474FC95.jpeg

Comment

• I managed to get the car built back up this weekend and it ran much better and felt not only smoother but much quicker too. Just a few jobs left over on the engine bay now and that will be complete with just the bodywork left to finish

Comment

• Nice progress Kris, Engine bay is looking like new. Really love the attention to detail you are going to with this resto. It will all be worth it in the end.
                    Really need to be seeing this at VBOA next year

Comment

• Excellent work and loving the attention to detail this is going to be the best of the best of 8v gte's once finished can't wait to see it at vboa.

Comment

• Thanks for the positive comments Clive and Teri, I can?t wait for it to attend VBOA but I don?t want to show it until it?s complete so a bit of a way to go but at least some more work done and it running right now

Comment

• Looks great Kris nice to see one of my Old GTE's getting the love it deserved, new parts on the way to you can't wait to see it at a show real credit to the time & effort you've put in

Comment

• Looking excellent buddy. Pleased to see your still hammering away at it.

Few Q's if you don't mind....Where did you have the bits blasted? Are the nuts and bolts new or zinc coated? And did you have some welding done on this recently?

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments, appreciated.

Hi Mark, the parts are all the old nuts and bolts yellow zinc plated. The plating and blasting was done by Allen Chrome in Pocklington and welding is done by Jagutech in Hessle as is gearbox work etc

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. And that's good to know as I live in pocklington. Did you need a certain amount or just take what you had? May have to get mine done.

I only ask about the welding as a lad I know recently did some welding on a white gte in hull and said it was immaculate under the bonnet, thought it must've been yours but maybe not :confusion:

Comment

Working...
                                X