No announcement yet.

Belmont CDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well fixed the leak and so far no new leaks,run it for about 10 min and all seems ok rad started gettting hot but fan did not kick in but not got dash in so not sue if it was hot enough but did not want to risk it so had to turn engine off, got to do a bit of wiring to get dash back in.got a video of it running, it sounds alot better in realy life.

Comment

• Its taxed moted insured, got a few little jobs tied up jobs to. Will get some photos of it in day light but weather is not good . cant wait to drive it, hope ill get the love back for it.

Comment

• Well done about 50 miles and all good some far.

Comment

• Looking good.

Comment

• got it buffed and polished

broke one of the stupid head light washed things

fitted irmscher rear lights,is there any tinted fog lights that match the rears?

Comment

• Been doing a few little job but nothing worth telling about.
              But one thing i have been doing is think about is my projects and the fact that due to changes in my life i dont have the time or the money to do or finish them all , so the belmont 4x4 wont done. so that left me with a chose of 2 belmont cdi or astra super poo.

unfortunately for the belmont, super poo does everything better, better engine ,better brakes ,better suspension,better built,the handling it in a different world the one thing super poo loses on is the smile factor.

So this is where im up to.

Super poo is half striped.

Belmont has now got a parts bin full of nice goodies

Z20LET engine running 280 bhp
              Bembo 4 pot calipers
              Coilovers to be modified
              F23 gearbox with quife diif but that looks like a pig to fit so going to flog it and gat a diff for the f28

Comment

• Not done anything on the belmont, but removed the engine out of super poo.

Comment

• just revisiting the 2014 updates. i have the opposite problem, 8v sponge in my 16v. did your basic foam mould work out ok ?

p.s you gonna try and modify the mk4 subframe to the belmont, or literally just parts donoring ?
                  Last edited by DarrenH; 22-05-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                    just revisiting the 2014 updates. i have the opposite problem, 8v sponge in my 16v. did your basic foam mould work out ok ?

p.s you gonna try and modify the mk4 subframe to the belmont, or literally just parts donoring ?
                    The foam thing worked ok but i should have used duck tape to hold the matting together the masking tape didnt quite hold it together, just needed a little trim.
                    Just parts donoring, but did have a quick look its a lot of work and the front track width is quite a bit wider. going to look at some type of subframe/bracing at some point.How does the astra mk3 subframe mount? cant find any good pictures.

Comment

• from memory 2 bolts in front cross member, 2 bolts at bottom of bulkhead, 2 bolts just slightly back into floor pan. ironic really as that system was on the mk2 cavalier.

its obviously progress from the mk2 astra (rigidity) but not a significant leap in terms of geometry/handling imho.

Comment

• new shiny diff arrived today

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                          X