The Champ Is Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7unner172 View Post

hahaha you love a bit blue oval man please can i have my champ back mark?i only let you borrow it

how much money you got ?

Comment

• Originally posted by man with astra,s View Post
      how much money you got ?
      Ill give you what you paid lol

Comment

• yeah i bet you would lol

Comment

• OK enough of the dreaming BIG bender George find yourself a gte and start your own resto diary so other members and myself can trash your page with usless wannabe wannado buy this buy that banter.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post
            OK enough of the dreaming BIG bender George find yourself a gte and start your own resto diary so other members and myself can trash your page with usless wannabe wannado buy this buy that banter.

hahaha just seen this reply teri lad

iam back as a member now and on the prowl cosworths away march as hes almost paid up so time to get busy hope your keeping well mate

Comment

• Update yes its that time of year again Mot time.................. Passed with 1 advisory,

will need to get it sorted asap as the wishbone/ball joint are OE!! there is no damage to the ball joint itself and there are no splits in the boot it looks moor like rubber boot has slipped off from the top of the bottom retaining clip, this has happened very recent iirc small pot hole on M1 coming back from Billing ffs.

Big thanks to Chris for taking this pic at Billing,

Random pic day after Billing keepin cool in the shade,

Comment

• Very nice car chap

Comment

• Thank you Mick..

Need to pull my finger out and fit the decals & bump strips and a few other bits i have in my stash.

Comment

• Couple of jobs signed off the to do list done today,

Got this off fleebay,

Now you see them,

Now you don't,

Also bought one of these bad boys uprated 22mm arb aka rear sway bar's, come with new nuts bolts & washers.

Here's a side by side pic OE arb versus new 22mm arb,

Not got a pic of it fitted as no access to ramp, fitted it lying on the floor without jacking the rear end up and boy it was a bit tricky.

Comment

• Love this car mate - was really good to get a chat with you at Billing

cheers

Al

Comment

• Cheers mate it was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your stunning gte16v, mate hats off to you for making the trip to billing roll on next year.

Comment

• Managed to get access to a ramp at Tyre Trax's my cousin Ash's place so i could have a closer look at the dust cover on the drivers side ball joint Thanks Ash bro....... on closer inspection i found the ball joint is perfectly fine but the dust cover had actually split!!

I bought this kit from ebay as i wasn't sure which one would fit, Kit came with 3 different size dust covers 1x large 1x medium 1x small, 1x pack of grease & 6 cable ties 2x large 2x medium 2x small.

The kit includes grease. So no need to buy a tub of grease from your local garage which will cost around the price of this complete kit. The kit also includes enough grease and extra fixing ties for the 2 remaining gaiters should you wish to use them on other vehicles.

After removing the OE dust cover and doing a side by side cross ref i found the middle one out of the three was a perfect fit so filled that up with the grease that came with the kit,

All refitted using the OE clips even though the kit had supplied cable ties,

Pic taken of rear anti roll bar (sway bar) i fitted last week,

Inspected rest of the car while it was on the ramp and happy to say all is good apart from this slight weep from the drive shaft seal on the inner side of the gearbox,

Mental note i was doing a search for the ball joint dust covers so i could add the link for you guys and your never gonna believe it!! guess what came up in the search????

I did a search for these and could not find any anywhere and now they come up ffs now all i need to do is check the measurements and if all is good i will get a set ordered as they are priced cheap enough.

Thanks.

Comment

• Just done measurements and used the chart in the link as a guide,

Measurements for the OE dust cover are same as the ones in the above link,

Small hole 14mm, large hole 31mm, height 23mm.

just ordered a set.

Comment

• Nice update Teri. Good to see a few more of the just jobs ticked off on your list.
                              Underside of the car looks very clean and fresh indeed. Car is a credit to you. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive View Post
                                Nice update Teri. Good to see a few more of the just jobs ticked off on your list.
                                Underside of the car looks very clean and fresh indeed. Car is a credit to you. Well done.
                                Thanks Clive apart from a bit of dust in the usual place's the underside is holding up really well, my garage is nicely insulated and ventilated and to keep the damp out from the floor i have carpet and rug thrown down + that always helps the old knees when having to do odd jobs in house

Comment

Working...
                                X