The Champ Is Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Champ Is Here.

Hello peeps what can i say i took the plunge and bought the champ off Kev Read, didn't waste any time this time round as when it came up for sale previously in Nottingham Kev beat me to it LOL, anyway big thanks to Kevtop bloke.

Anyway last week 29th Sept Thursday it was a hit and miss of what to dogo down on a train Monday or wait for a miracle to happen, miracle happened a mate of mine rang me and said he had a Toyota Hilux to drop off in Essex and did i want to go i agreed instantly and rang Kev to let him know i was on my way down to Essex, got my things together while my mate was on his way to pick me up 4 & half hour's later we were in Essex we met up with Kev at Tillbury Docks and whilst waiting for my mate to finish whatever he had to do i had a good look around the Champ and picked up on the few things that were mentioned in the for sale thread and a couple of other things that didn't catch Kev's attention anyway on the drive back to Kev's above all the high note's from the throttle bodies and the raspy sound from the exhaust i felt a great sense of comfort not only from the clean well looked after leather recaro's but from how smooth the ride was the combination of the lowering springs and the billstein's were spot on, we went back to Kev's to check and exchange paper-work then went for a cruise and picked up some spare's from his lockup, filled up with £43 of regular unleaded from BP + £8 MacDonald's & then Kev dropped himself at home, on the drive back from Hornchurch to West-yorkshire the car didn't skip a beat even though the reserve light started to flash 212 mile's later near the Show-case Cinema's mmm impressed!!!!,,,,,,,im liking the Champ very mucho's for some of its other quality's,, ,, Ltd Edition, leather, alloy's, 82000 mile's fsh, engine rebuild + loads of new parts less than 2000 mile's ago the list goes on & on, its been parked in the back garden under a car cover till today it was my day off so first thing i did was get it cleaned.

here's some fresh pic's after it's mini valet,

Ok engine spec,
    Fully rebuilt c20xe
    Direct to head QED throttle bodies
    Emerald ecu
    Itg air filter
    Alloy oil catch tank
    Bailey alloy header tank with coolant level indicator
    Alloy battery cover
    Chrome heatshield
    Thermotec heat wrap
    Magnex full stainless exhaust system
    Polished cam cover
    Coil pack conversion

Suspension, wheels and brakes:-
    Bilstein shocks
    Bilstein lowering springs
    Hi-spec 300mm grooved & drilled front brake disc conversion
    Braided brake lines all round
    Speed line 16" wheels with new tyres all round
    New steering rack

Re: The Champ Is Here.

that just looks gorgeous

Do you have any plans for it? although im not sure what you would do??

Comment

Brilliant buy at the price a very very nice example I think it's even cleaner than mine which has done 187K! Look forward to seeing the thread & the car one day

Comment

brilliant motor, must be the fastest selling gte lol !

might need a few map tweaks, i used to get extremely good mpg on the Mways, as good as standard.

dave walker is in norfolk, what side of yorkshire are you

Comment

Originally posted by mark2 View Post
          that just looks gorgeous

Do you have any plans for it? although im not sure what you would do??
          Plans are to give it a general tidy up and get it down to my cousin's and up on the ramps again to have a good nosey around there are a couple of things that caught my eye and didn't get a chance to take any pic's as battery was low on the N95, change the electric window switch for now and once i have had a good look over it i will make a list of what needs doing and add it to the dairy, its a bit hard atm as i start work at 2.30pm and sometime's work through night.

Originally posted by dancedj View Post
          Brilliant buy at the price a very very nice example I think it's even cleaner than mine which has done 187K! Look forward to seeing the thread & the car one day
          Thanks mate it was defo worth the price Kev was asking for, but as it is Kev looked after me as he new it was going to a good home, as to its condition its a fairly good example for its age and with some more money thrown at the correct place's it should be one of the best Champ around.

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
          brilliant motor, must be the fastest selling gte lol !

might need a few map tweaks, i used to get extremely good mpg on the Mways, as good as standard.

dave walker is in norfolk, what side of yorkshire are you
          Thanks for the compliments, yeah got to admit i didn't waste any-time as it slipped through my finger's the last time lovl, im based in Bradford West Yorksire, regarding the maps and tweaking Kev was kind enough to give me the paper work, CD and cables for the Emerald Ecu that can be plugged into laptop for mapping and in the box was a broacher displaying a 3 way switch kind of boost switch so you can set it for guest driver, motorway driving and for fast track racing and even better it can be tweaked to run on normal unleaded, super unleaded and E85 BioEthanol fuels. http://www.emeraldm3d.com/

Comment

Nice Buy T, When we putting the Clet in it lol..

Comment

Just need to get some cams in there to take advantage of those ITBs now dude. :-) Will be nudging the 200bhp barrier in no time.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by jav786 View Post
                  Nice Buy T, When we putting the Clet in it lol..
                  Thanks Jav,
                  Lol i'm quite liking the throttle bodies it a bit of a the Clet is in a class of it's own and the one in the black gte is a very good one too, it's quite, smooth, pulls very very well apart from normal wear & tear it hasn't given me any grief really, it can stay where it is for now but i will have to make my mind up as what to do with the black gte it's parked in the back under a water resistant cover atm, i can't drive 3 cars, finance's wont allow to rent a lockup or build a double garage (having triple glazing fitted this week lol), i don't want to park it in anyone else's and don't want to ask anyone for a favour as i dont want to put it on their toes if something happens to it while it's in their safe keeping if you get what i mean and most of all i dont trust the general public around here mostly kids as they haven't got respect for other people's property and have a habit of logging bricks/stone's and the like over the wall and gate's don't want it to get damaged/dented or any glass broke.

Originally posted by Davey J View Post
                  Just need to get some cams in there to take advantage of those ITBs now dude. :-) Will be nudging the 200bhp barrier in no time.
                  Lol your right in what your saying but got to make some other decision's decision's decision's.

Originally posted by BazW View Post
                  Very nice
                  Cheers Baz

Comment

As Kev said, get the expressions on.

Comment

You need someone to babysit either car you know where I am lol

Comment

Originally posted by BazW View Post
                        You need someone to babysit either car you know where I am lol
                        hahaha cheers.

Comment

Update time there was no heat in the car as Kev had mentioned that the heater matrix had burst when he was driving it, anyway removed the seat 1st then i started to remove the centre consul i noticed there was a extra wire leading to the electric window switch, it looks like the cobra alarm had a function to close the windows when activated i didn't like the idea of the extra wires and the way the relay had just been stuffed behind the cassette storage consul so that was removed,

these were also fitted back to were they should of been they were just knocking about behind the heater switch/ashtray

drivers door rubber was replaced as the one that was fitted had a big gash missing from it,

new one fitted

the carpets were soaked so i decided to pull them out, as i removed the ecu cover i found this hidden behind the cover, looks like its a boost switch it only has 2 settings,

it leads into the back of the Emerald Ecu, not going to mess with this until every things back in place i.e seats etc etc,

anyway i noticed this just by the vin plate, not a nice site,

pulled the drivers side carpet & soaked sound deadening water trap up to reveal this,

passenger side,

to be continued.

Comment

That's been getting wet for a while looking at it. Good opportunity to shore up the defences as it were and get it water tight. At least the poke around will give you piece of mind............................

Comment

you can unplug that thing on the back of the ashtray and bin it. stupid dim dip relay, the law is defunct now anyway.

i've seen that emerald hack before, if you read on their website you can have multiple maps, for instance economy or power.

Comment

Working...
                              X