Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Champ Is Here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It looks good mate

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mick g View Post
      It looks good mate
      Thanks Mick the joys of MK2 ownership.
      ​​​​​

      Comment


      • Today's progress, the bump strips that I had fitted were a genuine NOS set, when i fitted them a few years ago i noticed that double sided tape wasn't as sticky as it should of been due to the age so i used a hair drier at the time to give the tape a little more life which worked for a while but last year i noticed that the bump strips were starting to come away in a few place, quite surprised they hadn't flown off or lost any pieces , anyway today i thought I would remove them and clean off the old adhesive tape and prep them for some new.
        20200426_140609.jpg20200426_140630.jpg
        20200426_180221.jpg20200426_180300.jpg
        20200426_191208.jpg
        The white mark is old polish that had got between the bump strips, just needs a good wash and polish before the strips are refitted.
        Last edited by G.TERI.E; 26-04-2020, 11:08 PM.

        Comment


        • Good job you didn't lose one mate

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mick g View Post
            Good job you didn't lose one mate
            Wouldn't of been happy if I did they are becoming a bit expensive to replace sellers who have them are demanding top money for used sets and individual ones too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post
              The things we do whilst in lockdown,

              Had some parts that needed fitting for what seems like a lifetime and thought now is a good time to fit them, 1 more tick, 1 less job checked off the to do list by this evening, had to do a online order for the 8mm fuel pipe and hose clips from Halford's click & collect also bought the double sided tape as need to remove and refit a couple of the side rubbers as a couple of them keep coming away from near the edges.

              Weber fpr, VXR 470cc injectors and TX blanking plate.
              20200418_160748.jpg

              ​​​​​​ 20200418_160838.jpg

              Old injectors.
              20200418_164720.jpg
              20200418_164401.jpg

              Injectors and blanking plate fitted.
              20200418_172402.jpg

              20200419_122126.jpg

              ​​​​​​Spoken to Laney and been advised to set the fuel pressure at 3.5bar vac off untill I can get the fueling set up correctly, will be a live road map by Saj @Iconperformance.



              ​​​
              looking good mate, do you need to upgrade the fuel pump For those injectors. I am in the process of going through mine as it’s been sat for 20 years and may well change the injectors at some point. Do you also need the planking plate?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tashyface View Post

                looking good mate, do you need to upgrade the fuel pump For those injectors. I am in the process of going through mine as it’s been sat for 20 years and may well change the injectors at some point. Do you also need the planking plate?

                ​​​Thanks mate, mine has already got the Bosch 044 fuel pump I upgraded that when I did my restoration, if your going to use the original injectors then no point buying a blanking plate or adjustable fpr.

                i purely changed my injectors because of the condition as can be seen in the pictures and due to the age so it only made sense to change the fpr hence having to fit the blanking plate.... Once this lockdown easy's off a bit I will have the fuel set up so it's running correctly.

                Btw I have just recently bought another Bosch 044 from Andrew Pages genuine item for my Red 91J gte16v.
                20200330_163259.jpg
                Last edited by G.TERI.E; 30-04-2020, 11:44 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post


                  ​​​Thanks mate, mine has already got the Bosch 044 fuel pump I upgraded that when I did my restoration, if your going to use the original injectors then no point buying a blanking plate or adjustable fpr.

                  i purely changed my injectors because of the condition as can be seen in the pictures and due to the age so it only made sense to change the fpr hence having to fit the blanking plate.... Once this lockdown easy's off a bit I will have the fuel set up so it's running correctly.

                  Btw I have just recently bought another Bosch 044 from Andrew Pages genuine item for my Red 91J gte16v.
                  20200330_163259.jpg
                  Thanks mate, I ordered some injectors today, same as yours. Also ordered a fuel pump, I looked at the 044, but ended up getting something else, hopefully it’s ok. Mine does seem to be working ok, but didn’t have a gauge to check the pressure.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tashyface View Post

                    Thanks mate, I ordered some injectors today, same as yours. Also ordered a fuel pump, I looked at the 044, but ended up getting something else, hopefully it’s ok. Mine does seem to be working ok, but didn’t have a gauge to check the pressure.
                    Just a heads up my ecu has the Eds ph2 chipset and a few other upgrade's ie, enlarged throttle body, enlarged top hat, 2.5" boost pipes, stage 2 kkk16 turbo and xe inlet cam dialed in on vernier...,. Plus a few other desirable upgrades to keep it in synch.

                    Comment


                    • Will the injectors run ok as mine doesn’t have those items.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tashyface View Post
                        Will the injectors run ok as mine doesn’t have those items.
                        Should be fine if your keeping the original fuel pressure regulator as that obviously controls the the fuel going in and it's fixed at 3bar from factory. If you remove the original fpr and fit the blanking plate and aftermarket fpr like I have then you would have to have the fuel set up.

                        Comment


                        • Got ya, thank you.

                          Comment


                          • Well then here goes, I wasn't happy with the outcome of the 1st headliner i retrimmed as a few air pockets had formed around the front by the visor area so had a go at pulling the cloth back and to my dismay the foam ripped and stuck to the liner, i give it a dab with some glue and pressed the cloth down but the glue seeped through so decided to start again but on the actual headliner from the Champion, anyway removed the headliner and stripped it down, cleaned, treated, repaired and retrimmed, think I used a tad too much glue in a couple of areas which looks a bit patchy luckily it didn't seep through, hey ho at least it's not sagging and looks presentable.

                            1st liner one of the many areas where it had bubbled,
                            20200428_145128.jpg

                            Both liner's side by side,
                            20200428_145952.jpg
                            Stripped down treated, couple of repairs and give the back a was with the resin,
                            20200503_121907.jpg
                            New cloth, sits much better on the front now by the visors,
                            20200510_165355.jpg
                            Fitted,
                            20200510_195429.jpg
                            ​​​​​Looks much better now and a close enough match

                            Comment


                            • That’s come out really well mate, nice one

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tashyface View Post
                                That’s come out really well mate, nice one
                                Thanks mate, I surprise myself sometimes lol, now the trick is to see how long the cloth sticks with the tinned brush on high temp adhesive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X