No announcement yet.

Astra GTE 16V Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great updates your doing a fantastic job loving the attention to detail.

Comment

• Thanks for the positive comments, managed to get some more bits finished. Thanks to John for sorting me out with the genuine GM glass set.

New rear screen fitted, spoiler and wiper motor etc.

Front screen, need to sort out the bit of annoying dash that has lifted slightly

Sunroof glass, need to sort the final fixings as the replacement uses slightly different mounts.

Rear quarter glass in, need to change the fixings screws over, just used these whilst the glass sealant cured

Managed to find some genuine door seals, but they were with the grey covers seals

Used some of the Wurth plastic dye and they have come out ok

Comment

• Looking really good Patrick let me know how you get on with sunroof I do have other frames

Comment

• Its been a while since I updated this, but it has been moving on.

Refurbished seats
          IMAG3716.jpg

IMAG3734.jpg

Engine bay almost done

IMAG4505.jpg

Comment

• Amazing,well done.

Comment

• looking tasty well done

Comment

• Love this mate, just had a sit down and read through from the start and feel inspired! mine has sat in my garage for nearly 6 years and needs pretty much everything you have done in this - ive just got myself a mig welder, so time to start practising and get my thumb pulled out of my a***!

Comment

• Thanks for the positive comments, its taken just slightly longer than planned, but the goal is to get it completed and on the road by the end of the year. Main things left to do are replacing of the fuel lines, final fixing of the new brake lines and some final trim pieces. Then fingers crossed it starts!

Comment

• Its been a while since I last posted, but the car is pretty much finished now aside from the door pillar graphics.

Its now has an MOT and Tax etc. There are a couple of trim rattles to sort and an annoying squeak at low revs (possible alternator) but seems to drive well!

Comment

• Looking great to see it complete - have you got to fit the tow cover ?

Comment

• youve done it proud.

there was a chap who came on the stand at vboa rally, german chap, who had an example of 3D printed tow eye cover! he said it needs perfecting slightly but hopes to sell them

Comment

• Really great work on this car. Well done.
                          I did spot these on ebay the other day. 3D printed tow eye covers. Not sure on the quality as 3D printing still needs perfecting but still a better option to nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X