Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GTE 16v. Proud Owner At Last!

Originally posted by Clive View Post
    Hi the old steering rack i took out my GTE which i believe is a genuine GM rack has part number 26004276 stamped on the rubber bellow.
    Not sure if you can still get the genuine GM ones though. I'm sure someone on here will correct me if i'm wrong.
    Hi Clive I believe the dealer supply a kit which consists of the boots and the centre metal tube part. I did call the local dealer and they quoted me £70 plus vat I think ! Will look into that part number thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dancedj View Post
      I have got brand new ZF rack available for 120
      Thanks John the rack is in ok condition was just the boots required. I don't suppose you have any steering arms ? The part that joins the rack to the track rods ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tjshill82 View Post
        Thanks John the rack is in ok condition was just the boots required. I don't suppose you have any steering arms ? The part that joins the rack to the track rods ? Thanks
        Rods can be purchased from Opel Classic parts about 25 euros each plus 20 euros shipping! I have used ones in good nick if you need them

Comment

Well I have been very quiet on here recently!! Had a busy year and lots of fun with the Astra to be fair. Had the car on the road April to September and covered around 3000 miles in it. No major mishaps but some issues that I had to deal with.. including removing the cyclinder head a week before I went to the nurburingring! Its all fun tho eh??!! The diff is now well and trully buggered and will need sorting before next spring. Will get some pics up..

Comment

I changed the wheels again as did not really like the champ style ones so went for these instead...

Untitled by Tjshill82, on Flickr

Comment

Something I'm pretty proud of is getting my Glove Box signed by John Cleland! I went to the classic touring cars at Oulton park Glove box in hand and sharpie pen in my pocket and got him to sign it. Heres a piccy....

Comment

I have fitted Ferodo DS2500 Pads up front

by Tjshill82, on Flickr

Sourced a new fuel cap, sanded it primed it and painted it..

by Tjshill82, on Flickr

Comment

Exhaust was blowing so replaced the manifold to mid section sealing ring

changed the nearside driveshaft as thought it was shot.. turns out it was the diff tho..

Comment

• Good Evening.. I am listing this car on Ebay later this evening. I will be sad to see it go but I'm moving on to do something different.

Comment

• Got a link?

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-VAUXH...item4af1e8e908

Comment

• Many spanks sir!

Comment

Working...
                          X