• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GTE valver fast road/track car project

Love the wheels mate. They should look really good when refurb'd and fitted

Comment

Decided not to use the clips I bought on the windows as I have another idea I'm going to use, hopefully going to sort it on Sat. It involves a drill and a thread tap so keep watching for further updates.

Popped up to See BazW last night as I bought his old Champ exhaust. It’s a Piper stainless item and it’s in mint condition so I’ll be polishing my little socks off on Sat to get it mirror finish.

Also bought a set of brake cooling ducts for a Vectra B and going to mod them to fit the GTE wishbone.

Taken the slightly ovaled TH3 rim to a local company who are going to try and sort it for me, fingers crossed it'll be round when I get it back.

Shall get pics off all items tomorrow so you can see I’ve not been slacking.
      Last edited by Harvey; 13-10-2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

love those wheels proper rally slag

keep up the good work

Comment

It's going to be a rally/track/road hybrid when I'm finished.....finished......it'll never be finished.......

Comment

Those Vec B wind deflectors are only fitted to the GSi as far as I know, certainly not to normal V6 engined cars - not likely to be easily sourcable from a scrappy.

Thanks, by the way for the terminals you sent me for my doors, thought I'd posted a thank you up in my resto thread, but realised last week I hadn't!

Ian.
            See my project car HERE.

Comment

The Vectra brake thingies were fitted to police traffic cars too.

Comment

love the work so far mate. its good project to read about and see what you been doing!

Comment

Been a busy few weeks for me but not had much time on the GTE so had today all planned out and it went link clock work.

Popped up to BazW on Thursday evening to buy the Piper stainless exhaust that was fitted to his Champ that that is being scrapped. Got to help with the Champ LET install as well which was a bonus. Got bored last night so polished my little socks off and a full tube of Autosol later the new system looks like new.

My old stainless Scorpion system is for sale if anyone is interested, just fancied a change that’s all.

As my front fog light units are now going to be used to feed cold for my TB’s and not front brake coolers I decided to buy a set of Vectra B brake cooling ducts. They can be had from Courtenay Sport for a £17.50 a pair as apposed to £40 from LMF for the exact same part. On my Veccy ST200 they clip to the wishbone using a plastic rivet. I trial fitted them on the mk2 wishbone and all I need to do is drill a 12.5mm hole to mount them as they fit perfectly and even clear the 14’s so I know 15’s won’t be a problem.

Here’s a pic of the twin throttle cable adaptor I made up from alloy as the one I got with the TB’s was in steel and had seen better days. I have also fitted a Calibra accelerator pedal as it aligned better where the throttle cables enter the car.

Been scratching my head for a few months now on how I’m going to secure the window sliders and thought I had cracked last week. Had a change of plane and have drilled and tapped the slider but it’s not fully complete yet as I need to drill the bolt head to fit a split pin so you can’t turn the bolt from the outside.

Last but not least I fitted the ignition keypad the other week, just waiting for the power supply circuit my mate is making for the control unit.

Last edited by Harvey; 14-10-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harvey
                    it didn't look that shiney when I bought it

Comment

looking good mate i always enjoy reading this topic

Comment

Those brake coolers are interesting. I haven't got fogs in my front bumper, so the set-up involves some tumble-dryer-type tubing strapped to the bottom of the front splitter and pointed at the brakes. Seems to work!

Have you thought of twin headlights, so you can knock one out each side and take a cold-air feed from there?

Comment

So, so thorough Harvey. Very mechanical minded and some great work. Loving the keypad BTW

Comment

Not done anything this weekend but had Friday off so popped down to the scrappers for a rummage round and found a few bits and pieces for the other cars Amanda and I own. While I was there I found a part I've been after for sometime, a black Nexia centre vent. Fitted it on Friday buy had to cut the ends off as the Nexia dash trims are curved and won't fit properly if used with the Astra dash trim. All fits nice now and I'll get a bit more cool air through the centre vents now. Pic below is a comparison with the Nexia vent fitted and the original below.

Comment

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my concentric solid top mounts from Tim at T J Motorsport and what a top bloke he is. Hopefully they will be here in just over a week. I'll be taking pics of the before, during and after fitting so keep your eyes peeled on my build diary.

I'm on holidays next Monday and hoping to complete the ignition wiring and get it all tested, just hope I've not missed anything.
                              Last edited by Harvey; 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM. Reason: Incorrect link format

Comment

Not done anything on the GTE since my last post but it was my birthday last week and I got a belated present to day, a full set of PowerFlex exhaust hangers.

Still been doing mk2 stuff as my runabout need a new zorst and I just happened to have a week old 2nd hand system in my shed, all fitted and running sweat again now.

Comment

Working...
                                X