Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTE valver fast road/track car project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I give the timing belt cover a mini makeover and repainted it a few days ago.



    Having spare grey tinted polycarbonate sheeting I replaced the manky looking clear window with a more dynamic looking version


    My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

    Comment


    • That looks cool

      Comment


      • I had a sneaky suspicion the crank case breather and dip stick tubes were weeping oil where they are press fitted into the alloy casting so sourced a known good none leaking spare and gave it a mini make over.
        Top is the refreshed replacement and brand new metal gasket with bottom being the leaky item.



        Suspect leaking place.



        All nice and clean down there.



        Fitted with the gasket having extra Reinzosil both sides for extra sealing power.



        My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

        Comment


        • The GTE although not being used hasn’t gone unloved. I noticed the exhaust wrap was showing its age after 10 years of abuse. Not falling off but easily torn lasting well as it was protected with VHT exhaust paint.
          Decided the best idea was to over wrap it so I started with this.



          Then it was ready for a good coating of VHT exhaust paint.





          Now reinstalled and looking good.





          Having not started the GTE since last September I thought it best I bring it to life. Popped some fresh fuel in, primed the oil pump and it then fired straight up with no issues. This was the initial start-up specs; top left oil pressure psi, bottom left oil temp, top right battery voltage, bottom right coolant temp.



          This was after 15 minutes of idling and fast idling holding at 2k rpm.



          I then noticed the fuel pressure was running low at 1.5bar, can only assume the FPR had relaxed somehow.



          I sorted this by adjusting the pressure and reset it to what it should be 2.6bar (38psi).



          I also sorted another job I’d been putting off for such a long time. The coil pack loom has always been tight so I lengthened it by 80mm added heat shrink and a posh rubber boot at the plug.









          My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

          Comment


          • Good work as always Harvey

            Comment


            • Having never bothered installing the funky spark plug cover after converting the GTE to a track car I was chatting with a friend who had a few spares as I sold my metal cover years ago. He offered me a later plastic cover in decent condition with a nice patina (posh word for used) finish. Quite happy with that as it breaks up the white in the engine bay.







              My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

              Comment


              • very posh Harvey

                Comment


                • Nice work Harvey

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X