No announcement yet.

GTE valver fast road/track car project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Photobucket issues back in June this year I?ve finally got my own hosting sorted and spent the last few days updating all my image links to my 10+ year old diary. I forgot just how much work I?ve done on the car.

Back in August prior to the annual track day bash I installed my roll cage padding.

To help protect the door bar padding and make it last longer it was double wrapped in 50mm insulation tape.

In September the car had a final check and loaded up for Blyton.

As we were camping the usual evening meal was consumed?lots of it! It was great to catch up with some old friends and new.

A couple of pics of the motley crew but alas that?s it I didn?t feel good and the car felt epic so I packed up early to avoid disaster and called it day. I?ll be out on track next year as I plan on Mallory Park and Snetterton.

Found this new old stock metal gearbox gasket which are reusable and nls from Vauxhall, I couldn?t say no for a tenner.

Comment

• hell of a job updating all your links, but worth it i think

Comment

• Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
        hell of a job updating all your links, but worth it i think
        Agreed

Comment

• GTE got some loving last weekend as I fired it up, was last ran three months ago at the track back in September. It purred like a kitten on idle and roared like a lion when you pressed the ?loud? pedal.

Treated the old girl to some new boots in the form of Uniroyal Rainsport 3. I?ve got these on the Vectra VXR estate and they are simply breath taking in the wet/damp conditions giving plenty of confidence while being equally as good in the dry. These will be my wet track day and general knock about wheels as I?ve decided the car is going back on the road this year.

Comment

• Nice update as usual Harvey them tyres are very good and reasonabley priced look forward to seeing more pics and upates .

Comment

Working...
            X