GTE valver fast road/track car project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GTE valver fast road/track car project

looks like I good weekends work there mate. Its when I see pics like that Im greatful mines already had a good undersealing underneath in the past!

Poly windows look really good mate, nice fit and the black marks improve the looks too. A step I'll take one day for sure!
    Last edited by Brett; 06-03-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Odders your correct on all account regarding the steelies I have and they clear the Astra GTE 16v late spec ATE calipers no problem. I did know about the Veccy rims you mention but these Astra Sport steelies cost next to nothing and came with 5 decent tyres and centre caps.

This is the under seal I'm using and everything is getting a good two coats so it's nice and thick.

Picked up my freshly painted front arb from my dads this evening so that’s getting fitted tomorrow as I'm on holiday. It'll also be more under sealing and sorting the fittings for the front door windows.

Ordered new all round brake discs and pads from my local dealer today, thank god for Trade Club or I'd be bankrupt by now.

Comment

what ya messin about at mate, id have had this finished ages ago!!!!

how ya doin?

Comment

Been on holiday today and even though it's been raining all day I have managed to get the front arb fitted and a second coat of under seal on. Didn't get the front windows sorted as it was to wet.

Comment

did you get all new vinyl for the b pillars from your vaux dealer harvey?

Comment

I have nearly got all the B and C pillar vinyl from my local dealer as I’m good friends with the parts guys and they have been really good and traced most of the parts I need. Some of the parts are the last ones available so I’ve been very lucky. I can confirm the boot vinyl for both early and late models is no longer serviced by Vauxhall or Opel.

Got my hubs back from my mate Keif with the studs thread extended to the hub face and all fitted. He’s done a great job and saved me a lot of messing about. The rear hubs/discs have had the studs counter bored so they won’t foul the hand brake shoes.

Managed to get the rear of the front hubs painted last night just before I went to bed as it would have been impossible to do once they were fitted. I did them in the kitchen and my other half never moaned at me, she’s just looking forward to driving the GTE once it’s built.

Dropped the front struts off this morning at my local garage to have the front hubs and bearing pressed in and hoping to have the front end back on the ground and the rear beam removed by end of play today.

Comment

looking good matey,too good to use on the track!!!!!!!!! why not get some mirrors and show it the bufty class!

Comment

Way to nice a job for track use! Alot of very good work going on there

Comment

Harvey - Could you find out if they still have or if they can get the black door piller vinal for the CDi? Mines OK but it wouldnt hurt to replace it.

Comment

Work completed yesterday:

Front struts fitted as new bearings and hubs were pressed in by my local garage. Wish bones fitted and front end back on the ground. Rear end up in the air with rear beam removed. Pedals fitted to pedal box with Sparco pedal covers installed. Under sealing the rear half of the car on Wednesday evening and dropping the beam off at my dads so he can Hammerite it for me. I now feel things are progressing well but still have lots to do before Retro, just hope it’s all finished in time.
                      Last edited by Harvey; 14-03-2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Good luck mate. I really hope you get it sorted intim for the show's. If there's anything you need a hand with etc give me a shout.

PM replied too

Comment

Tonight I mostly been stripping……my rear……beam. I have now dropped the beam and back plates at my dads for Hammeriting.

Last edited by Harvey; 14-03-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

showing us all up here harvey !! looking really good !

Comment

I'm just not looking forward to the mini engine rebuild as this is something I haven't really done before. I'm renewing all the top end and bottom end gaskets and replacing the oil pump, water pump and cambelt+rollers and tensioner.

I'll be on my back tonight as I'm hoping to get the first coat of under seal on the rear half of the car.

Comment

your screws that hold the windows in what are they made of they look black

Comment

Working...
                                X