No announcement yet.

Red 8V Resto Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How gutting. Think you've found a rare new cam and then receive it mauled by imbeciles.

Good progress through the thread though. :-)
    See my project car HERE.

Comment

• Painted a few items today. Painfully slow cleaning them up. But the results are good. Also painted the cam sprocket and alternator mount which I forgot to get a pic of....inlet mnifold and head next.

I have another 20SER cam coming this week....hopefully not snapped.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Great progress painting the engine ancillaries, they take an absolute age to clean up.

Bummer about the Cam.
        Looking on the bright side, maybe the Cam had a hairline crack in the casting which our friends at the couriers managed to find before you fitted it to the engine.

Hope Cam #2 lasts a bit longer...

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys. Yes your right Andy it might have been a blessing in disguise regards the Cam. I have another one on route and its a genuine GM cam too.

Comment

• Update from today....inlet manifold, fuel reg, idle valve, Fuel rail and injectors all cleaned up.

New Jubilee clips are needed as I put it back together using originals and they are a bit rough.
            This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Looking gooooooooooooood

Comment

• Couple of hours after work tonight. G/Box and Engine mount bracket.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Today I removed the valves from the head. I clean it up and also removed the carbon from the valves with wire wheel on pedistal drill (was slow going).
                  This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                    X