No announcement yet.

Red 8V Resto Started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struts put back together now. Need new dust plates to finish them off.

Comment

• Ordered new brake pipe clips for engine bay and also front lower ball joint for lower arms.

Comment

• New front lower ball joints arrived so I fitted them this morning.

Comment

• Well after doing my brake pipes in engine bay. I kept looking at my brake servo I had previously painted....not completely happy with it so I attacked it again.

Comment

• Continued clean up brake lines but now under each arch and painted them And also paonted swrvo and touched up some other bits and pieces.

Comment

• Little painting here and there today. But Main job was to get engine up off the floor onto a bench to begin the clean up. Used a beam clamp and block and tackle to lift her up.

Comment

• Great progress being made well done, Keep up the good work. Will all be worth it in the end.

Comment

• Started stripping my 20SER today. Cleaned it up a little too. The main reason is a leaking front crank seal. I have found some gunked oil which I need to investigate. I will install new water pump also. Plus new head gasket. Belts. Erg and a fresh coat of paint on everything.

Comment

• Todays fun. Removed timing belt. Removed water pump, cam sprocket, crank sprocket (needed to for crank oil seal change) Plastic timing back cover. Bit of a clean up.

Comment

• A Little more cleaning by hand today. Cleaned gearbox casing too. Then used a wire brush in a drill and cleaned as much as I could. Removed both drive shafts too. Pics dont really show what's been achieved.

Comment

• Little Update

The engine is now stripped down and block is cleaned up. I have removed the head and the valves have carbon deposit on them so I need to clean them up.
                        I removed the cam from the cam housing. The Cam has pitting on the lobes, so I am on the hunt for a replacement.
                        I have cleaned up the Head, Cam Cover, Cam Holder, Inlet manifold, Starter Motor, Alternator, Power Steering Pump all need finishing to

I am making a list of replacement parts now.

Comment

• Can anyone advise if the crank pulley have a seal on both front and back faces, mine looks like it does but I'm not sure if its an actual seal and can think what it would be for.

Comment

• Painted the block. Gearbox. Cam Holder. Rocker Cover....canny but more to do.

Comment

• Tracked a replacement cam down and it arrived snapped in half by Hermes. The search continues.

Comment

• Maybe it's a sign from the astra gods to get a Kent fast Road cam

Comment

Working...
                                X