Red 8V Resto Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red 8V Resto Started

Hi bought the car from leicester last week, got her on ramps on next doors drive, Impreza now covered over, angle grinder can out.

Removed both sills
    Chopped most of the rear corners out
    Bought to front wings

Holes...........Holes and More Bloody holes.

Few weekends and she'll be 100% better.

Pics to follow when i can sort pics.

Staffy
    Last edited by Staffychance; 11-09-2009, 12:19 PM.

Re: Red 8V Resto Started

A few pics of the car i was sent by the owner when i bought it from leicester.

I have some more on my phone when i get them off, with it cleaned and at home on my drive, she is now on ramps, with sills and rear corners chopped off, will take pics soon.

Comment

looking good mate, i'll be keeping an eye on ths one, if you need/want any help just give me a shout

Comment

Ok Pal

Need them sills off you though mate.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

good wee project, looks like theres a few things to keep you busy there.

Loving the o'kley sticker, proper old skool, lol

Comment

i know i laughed when i seen the sticker too,

It has come up really well after a wash.....a lot better than i expected to be honest. Shame that the inner rear arches have gone also, but cant wait till i get her on the road.

She runs (in a fashion) hope to get her puring ASAP.

Where can i get a set of vaux mudflaps as seen in another chaps thread a white GTE he has been bringing into the 20th century with subtle mods.

Comment

i payed a pretty penny and got mine from vaux.

OEM+, is the way forward.

Comment

Whislt waiting to collect my sills, i have been having a look at others progess.

Mick8v has put sills on his ruby red motor, but i noticed he had put a plate from the inner sill to the little plate (strenghtening piece i think), I have removed my sills for the new already and there was no sign of these on either side of mine, they have either been removed or rotted long before the outer sills have.

Should i put them in?
                  What is thier purpose?

Taken from Mick8v
                  the reinforcing plate had rusted away so ive cut a plate and made it meet the inner sill, i read on here somewhere if the plates are left out it affects the handling?? dont really know what the original looks like but ive done what i think is right, its solid and doesnt foul the sill

Comment

Put em in!! it wont take long, any pics of your progress??

Comment

Im going to Mick

Also just priced the skirt rivets up from vaux 54p each. part number 90033713.

Comment

few more pics

Note below the non present reinforcing plate as mention above with Mick8vs pic

Search for holes found two small pass side and three small drivers side, right above the sill, but thats it.

Pass Side wheel arch where it meets sill

Driverside same position but more behind the wheel.

Waiting for sheet of steel to arrive for patches, car then to be moved to my dads units to begin welding and some panels, i have to make a decision if to get sills from MK2 John or from motorfactors as im not in newcastle area much, and impreza is off the road too now, cant ride my bike thats far.

Got front arches
                        Rear Corners
                        Sill Rivets
                        Inner and outer arches here tomorrow

Oah pic of my fuel pump assy held on with zip ties, had a good look, i think it will all clean up but all the black rubbers died a long time ago can i get these from anyway or anyone know of a fix.

Comment

Doesnt look too bad, the little holes in the floor are where the brake pipe retaining clips mount to if you didnt know already, i got the fuel pump bushes from vaux but they come up on egay for around 6 quid a set, interior looks good, has it got manual windows??

Comment

Yeah manual windows mick, how much did you pay for the bushes/rubber from your dealer, do ya know the part number?

Comment

sorted just got these
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140346420323

also inner and outer rear arches came today awaiting my sheet of plate for patches now then good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X