Project Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Turbo

Im going to be fitting a C20LET in my GTE over the next few months. I managed to source an engine that had already been fitted in a mk2 so all the wiring loom was done. That being the one job I was not looking forward to doing. With the loom done it hopefully should be a case of plug and play. Im going to be taking plenty of pictures, not got many at the mo but heres a few any way. Going to be replacing the cambelt/waterpump and idlers next week along with all the manifold studs after finding one was snapped off .

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
    Last edited by Tom; 17-01-2006, 09:50 PM.

nice ,keep us updated

Comment

New waterpump, cambelt, guide pulleys and tensioner fitted:

Last edited by Tom; 04-02-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

is that a plastic pully??? change it now before i cry

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@RSC
          is that a plastic pully??? change it now before i cry
          Yeah they are plastic ones, Are steel ones available for the late setup ?

Comment

urm pass...i thought sbd did em, but i cant see em on their site

Comment

When are you hoping to have it all fitted and runing ??.

Comment

ummm can you not change the pully set up just by changing the backing plate i will have a look at some engines but i think you can

Comment

yeah you can change it to early spec by using the full backplate and all the pulleys, pump etc

Comment

I can promise that you'll never have so much fun ever again after you've driven you car turbo'd, anything else will pale in comparison and your traffic light grand prix will be against more serious opposition

Comment

it will suit the car down to the ground i reckon, best engine for yours tom

Comment

I believe you can swap to the early pulley set by swaping everything over, but as I`ve just payed out for the full hit , Its not gonna happen. I hope to have it in the car within the next couple of months really, as I want to use the 4 poster lift in my work. I honestly cant wait to drive the beastie .

I made up the exhaust downpipe today. Took off the normal XE manifold and bolted the turbo to it. Got a standard Cav T downpipe and cut/shut it to mate up with a couple of Jetex 2.5" bore bends to suit the rest of the system.

I was very pleased to find that the Cav pipe fitted perfectly inside the jetex pipe ! :

Great being able to have access to a lift !

Last edited by Tom; 04-02-2005, 08:44 PM.

Comment

thats neater than most kwikfit/powerflow places LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@RSC
                            thats neater than most kwikfit/powerflow places LOL
                            LOL Must sort the oil leak out tho !

Comment

Sorted the manifold studs out now, turbo back on. Fitted a new water return pipe as well.
                              Just got to pick up some seals for the thermostat/housing so that can go back on soon. Also need to repair the oil feed pipe as half of the crimp on the braided hose has corroded away .
                              Last edited by Tom; 04-02-2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X