Clear All

Re: My Nova Collection

Cheers fellas, plenty more to come as well

It's getting there slowly but surely

Comment

Small update for today; Bootlid off, awaiting replacement:

Both doors off as well:

Sport front tiebars wire-brushed down and ready for paint hopefully tomorrow:

Not much to see but an update none the less

Cheers, Vaughan

Comment

A wee post-Billing update

FULL brown carpet set to go with my Sport interior - £40!

MINT condition 2nd hand Nova floor mats - £10

BRAND NEW Mk2 Nova rear mudflaps - £10

Got this chucked in for free with the mudflaps - Passenger BRAND NEW Mk1 Nova mudflap:

My TSW Stealths that I bought ages ago off eBay, that was me just getting round to collecting them:

And swapped some Nova GSi clocks for a complete 8v Digidash setup, could be handy for something and the Nova GSi clocks didn't cost me anything anyway:

'Til the next time

Vaughan

Comment

Small update for today - Picked up some 2.0 16v calipers with green stuff pads and grooved/vented discs

Vaughan!

Comment

Small update with pictures:

2.0 16v brakes

Calipers still to be painted

Koni Adjustable shocks all round (Came up cheap and seem to be decent enough) Got some -40mm springs there as well but might go -60mm but I don't want the car dragging it's a*se along the ground like the Mk2 lol

Might have another update at the weekend but we'll see how it goes

Cheers, Vaughan

Comment

Another wee update that I forgot about - Got these off Joe Richardson from the PNG

2 good nick used clear indicators and what appears to be brand new clear side repeaters with bulbs

Comment

Update time!!!

My mate picked up this Magnex Mk1 backbox for me in Warrington during the week and he got it to me on Friday - Looks superb:

Onto the car - 16v brakes fitted and to be painted and bled up etc:

S*it picture but the gearbox end casing painted silver (needs another coat)

Crap picture of the silver fuel tank (Straps to be done yellow and another coat of silver on everything)

Shell rolling again showing painted tiebars and rear ARB:

Koni rear shocks fitted and some new -50mm rear springs (No pics as of yet though)

Also dug out my Webers and Irmscher inlet and split them and I'm going to start cleaning them up during the week and get them sent off to be rebuilt/serviced! Can't wait to hear them at full chat:

Quick pic with my mates airbox on my 40's etc lol I dream alot!!!

Comments welcome;

Cheers Vaughan

Comment

Spent a couple of nights cleaning up my Sport 40's and Irmscher inlet manifold

That's how they started in the pics above - Not too dirty but quite 'old' and stained looking

So out with some thinners and a paintbrush and some elbow grease I got them looking like so; Irmscher Inlet:

Both 40's:

Not going to be painting them as they were never painted originally I don't think so just wanting them to look as original as possible

Can't wait to get them rebuilt and fitted!

Comments welcome,

Cheers Vaughan

Comment

You seem to be talking to yourself again

Carbs looks good mate, if you ever want to clean up fuzzy dirty alloy try some builders acid. You'd be surprised how well they will come up.

Just brush or spray it on, scrub, wipe off.

DO NOT IMMERSE in acid and leave overnight, or you may not have any alloy by the morning !!

Comment

lol Just update as I go along and maybe someone will read/comment - Not too fussed if anyone comments though but it's nice to hear/read an opinion

Cheers for the tip mate

Comment

So you are on here as well

Comment

Oh yes lol I get about!

Comment

After a few year searching I managed to get an original Fearless Motorsport rear strutbrace - Not much to say about it really...Comments welcome

Still needs a clean and polish but fitted it to the Mk2 Nova but it's for this project:

Cheers, Vaughan

Comment

Only had about an hour or so to work on the car today so concentrated on the bit that needed the most work - The back arches!

Rubbed them down with the DA until I got them as even as I could and then chapped down the various high bits and put a skim of cataloy on each arch

Looks quite bodgey if I say so myself but it's not holding the car together it's just to even it out and make it look nice and most of it will end up on the floor anyway lol

Here's some quick pictures:

Trying out my new phone camera - Not too bad:

Another update, 2 weeks I've waited for it lol - Irmscher Cam Cover - Should go well with my Irmscher inlet manifold and Irmscher airbox when I source one:

Comments welcome

Cheers, Vaughan

Comment

Working...
                              X