International members section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International members section?

As there's an increasing number of international members using the forum, do we have a dedicated 'International General Chat' section?
    Yes
    34.29%
    It's ok the way it is..
    65.71%
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Re: International members section?

Hmm.. I'm "international, but why need an extra international section? So what's the main reason?

You will spread all the information that is posted on the forum, and not cluster it. I may expect, that people who come here, can speak/read/write a bit english..

(i don't know if i may answer this btw, because i'm not a uk member)

Comment

I've voted no. I don't know if I'm an international member or not, I live in Canada but my cars are still in the UK. Either way I like general chat to be for everyone.

Comment

I thought we were one big family ... I think we should stay that way "unless there is a real benefit to the club", (after all the forum is hosted and funded by the club).

I doubt (with all the translation tools out there) that language would be a bocking factor for anyone enjoying the forum as it is today.

To be honest I have more trouble understanding some of the posts from UK users (I assume they use their smart phones to post, I thought my spelling an grammar was bad !) than I do some of the "International" posts.

I do think that there should be more emphasis on building the club "membership", as I do see quite a lot of "users" on the forum that are not "members" but then that a whole new subject

Laurie.
        Last edited by easytrans; 17-03-2012, 09:41 AM.
        My vehicles:
        1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

There is nothing worse than feeling segregated, I vote that we leave as is, really enjoy the international input btw ...

Comment

I would leave it as is

I think it would make them feel pushed to one side, if there was a WIGAN only section i would feel pushed to one side.

Comment

Don't forget this post is well over a year old.. nothing changed
              So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

Working...
              X