This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Events Chat

Dark nights are drawing in and the show season is just about over so it's time we started thinking of next year

What do you want to do? We've got Billing to look forward to but otherwise the diary is empty. I hope we do another trackday as the one a few us attended earlier this month was great but plenty of room for improvement with some more attendees. It was a great day out and a good way to end the summer

Pictures here for those that missed it

We used to do RetroCars in the early days which was always a good show (like PVS only with no chavs or crap kitted Corsas) but we stopped in favour of Billing

Ideas, thoughts below. Tell us what you think

Re: 2013 Events Chat

With a working car another trackday would be good lol. Blydon does sound good tbh, but I dont like the sound of Barston heath http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...d=26&Itemid=14

As a club day they could run the sprint section with timing gear so we could have a little sport for fun But it's not a circuit type trackday as such.

I've never been to the retro cars show but that could be a good one as well.
    Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

RetroCars used to clash with Billing but the last few years it's been on a different weekend. We had the biggest stand the 2 years we attended IIRC

Comment

I think another track day is a must.

As someone was telling me at Blyton (was it you Harvey?) that you can book the track exclusively for 1/2 day for a couple of hundred .... This could be for all to have a drive of their car safely at speed (not just the modified ones)? and a good opportunity for a on-mass on-track Photo Shoot for the 2014 calendar

Maybe a few track days / meets at some other parts of the country too?

It would be nice to have something over in the east/south east so that some of our members from Europe can attend?

Or maybe a short weekend trip to meet on their home ground?

Laurie.

Comment

We had a day at Santa Pod back in 2007 which was a right laugh, for the banter and abuse we gave each other as much as the racing

Comment

If theres a trip abroad ever going on, ill be up for that without a doubt. Imagine that, a column of us crusing through Europe in our mk2's! We should try and organise such a thing at some point! Could be almost impossible though i guess, what with everyones own commitments family/work and financial, but a cool idea though! Where in Europe would we all go??

Comment

For a international event the VBOA has a yearly one, goes to a different place each time..

Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Hull car show had VVOC and Mig plus many other Vauxhall clubs, also RS owners club etc could be worth a look at that one was really busy this year. Will be August 2013. I posted pics of the show a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by BazW View Post
                  RetroCars used to clash with Billing but the last few years it's been on a different weekend. We had the biggest stand the 2 years we attended IIRC

Good concentration, nice photo.

Comment

Any show up north in 2013?

Comment

What about a rolling road event? I have recently subscribed to tv and noticed a few clubs do them, I would also like a European thing, but it wouldn't be nice for anyone breaking down abroad but I'm sure as a club we would have plenty of us to sort any mechanical problems if any arouse, I also would like to attend a track day sometime, anything really where a load of mk2s get together.

Comment

Anything that gets us all together with the mk2's is fine with me, my car will be done, my car will be done, maybe if i say it enough eh lol.

Comment

I'm up for either a run to Germany for the Nurbergring, Berg Cup or Opel Treffen Show....................

Comment

Originally posted by BazW View Post

*Sigh*

Comment

Hi Fella's,
                              If you are interested in doing a Euro show, then this is the one to do.
                              Opel-Treffen Oschersleben. 20,300 cars & 68,000 Opel fans attended in 2012.

I've done this show for the last 3 years, and it's amazing
                              I'm organising a trip over for 2013. Fancy joining us? We've got around 15 cars booked already doing the trip. Everything from Mk1 Astra's to Carltons/Vectras/Cavs/Mk4 Astra's, We just need some Mk2's

Here's a link to the TV page for F.A.Q and a breakdown of costs for doing it.

Let me know, and I'll post up the whole thing here for you.
                              It's looking bigger for the UK guys going over for 2013, so it's going to be even better.

On a side note here's a pic of my Mk1 in this month Opel-Flash magazine (German version of TV)
                              The pics were taken at the show in 2011. Also in this issue is Aaron Taylors bagged Signum, which had a shoot at this years show in 2012.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X