Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blyton Park late Summer bash pictures, please add any you have.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyton Park late Summer bash pictures, please add any you have.

What can I say, it was an awesome day and great being able to camp over the evening before. Huge thanks to Richard (circuit owner) for letting me pop out on track to bed my pads in on Saturday evening after the circuit had closed.

We are going to have to do this again next year

Mix of pics for your enjoyment...

Evening camping

Follow the sign...no way

Small static display

Pit area

The money shot

Get ready...

...GO GO GO (managed 1 lap and got black flagged as passenger door not close properly, oops)

It was a tight squeeze but with a bit of assistance Paul (RallyMarshal) managed to fit in my drivers seat and took my car out for a blast. I now know what it can do so just need to get my confidence up another level.

Pinkie turned up as well, beast of a motor
    Last edited by Harvey; 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM.
    My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Re: Blyton Park late Summer bash pictures, please add any you have.

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
    ...GO GO GO (managed 1 lap and got black flagged as passenger door not close properly, oops)
    ....my bad, sorry about that..

Comment

Looks like a great day out, next time
      Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Javelin have given me a £99 credit towards a new event in the next 6 months. Just booked Bedford Autodrome for Saturday November 3rd. Will have my F28 and quaiffe in at that point, so win win.

Comment

You missed a good day Dave, should have brought the civic. Blyton is great for 200ish bhp front wheel drive hot hatches

Comment

gutted i missed this , new turbo bedded in now aswell ;-(
            looked like a good day and a good turn out for the club :-)

Comment

Didn't get many pics

Last edited by BazW; 03-09-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

As the sun sets

As the sun rises

Her-In-Doors says she likes the look of this yellow one ..... {yippee so I shouldn't have any problem when I start wriggling in my seat and hinting on finding another MK2 for track days then }

Starting to get more busy by 08:00 >>

This thing was evil as you could hear it arrive behind you but it was below the mirror line .......

The BAZmobile ......

The one car that you could not mistake for any other (even with your eyes closed) a very unique sound ......

[

The BMW that went harvesting and caused a red flag , the guy told me the spin off the circuit didn't worry him it was when he was sitting there in the middle of a dry corn field with the strong smell of burning straw on a rather hot exhaust ........

Checked my trip counter today. It was set at zero when loaded onto trailer Friday PM and its showing 117 miles ... so at 1.6 miles per lap (give and take for wheel spin and drifting) she managed to stretch her legs to a little over 70 laps !!

So what happened to the launch control ??? ... the lights GREEN

My memory is a bit short ??? was this just after I passed you the first or second time ???? !NOT!

My vehicles:
                1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Some nice pics there I take it you enjoyed the track time then Laurie?

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
                    Some nice pics there I take it you enjoyed the track time then Laurie?
                    Nah! hated every second of it .... lol
                    Seriously thinking now that all those bikes in the barn could equate to a nice year or two of track days instead of gathering dust while I get too old to ride them

Funny but it was really exciting especially the afternoon sessions as somehow I found some clear track behind as well as in front and was getting quite brave .... then being tired and driving home all went flat and I had been thinking well that was fun but would I like to do it again ???? and then as today went on and the diesel fumes from the trip home cleared from the nose that smell of breaks, tyres and hot engines came flooding back and then a lap or two on BAZ's bumper started me off again......

Shame Blyton is just a little far away as the track days there are better value than most and very inviting (or is that not such a shame

Laurie
                    My vehicles:
                    1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Bedford autodrome is meant to be a good circuit, I've not done that one as yet but will soon

I do like the sound of this one down your way http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...d=26&Itemid=14

I think as a club day could be good, as they can run the sprint section timed so we can have a bit of sport ?

The figure 8 bit sounds good as well, would be nice to spin the car out again and get feel for it without the worry..

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
                        Bedford autodrome is meant to be a good circuit, I've not done that one as yet but will soon

I do like the sound of this one down your way http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...d=26&Itemid=14

I think as a club day could be good, as they can run the sprint section timed so we can have a bit of sport ?

The figure 8 bit sounds good as well, would be nice to spin the car out again and get feel for it without the worry..
                        Did you mean Woodbridge http://javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackd...&id=6&Itemid=1 .... as Barkston Heath is no where near me (Ipswich) but yes a local (south'ish) track day would be good and there are a few of us around here (Essex, Bedford, Suffolk and Norwich) now I believe

Laurie.
                        My vehicles:

Comment

Originally posted by BazW View Post
                          You missed a good day Dave, should have brought the civic. Blyton is great for 200ish bhp front wheel drive hot hatches
                          I know. :-(

I said to Mark that the Civic is overdue a timing chain and I didn't want to risk that gunning it around a circuit. Given what I spent on the MK2, I didn't have enough to have that serviced with suitable pads as a back up. Annoyingly, it could have been done on the same stuffing budget the MK2 had lavished on it in parts from Autovaux and the like! Still, means the Bedford day has ony cost me an extra £30!

Comment

my favourite track (to date) is donnington park, i just really enjoyed it, so much variation. theres an atmosphere to the old tracks in a sort of jerry bruckheimer-esque breaking dawn on days of thunder kind of way

Comment

+1 on that for me too. Craner Curves equals big laughs flat out. I was hoping to do that this year but it falls midweek and I've taken holiday to work as it is so aiming for weekends between Oct and Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X