No announcement yet.

astra evolution, changing faces of GTE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra evolution, changing faces of GTE.

1.8 gte is quite a weird situation as it went on sale in october 1984, and discontinued in august 1986 (just making it into D reg) the 2.0 was announced in august 1986, was meant to go on sale in the autumn but got delayed until march 1987, so as bonkers as it sounds it meant we had no GTE at all for about 7 months !!. (however the 1.8 gte was effectively replaced by the 1.8 sri in august 1986, with the new LET, low end torque, version of the 1.8 engine). the 5 door was launched in summer 85 but it also got axed with the 1.8 3 door, which means it only lasted a year!

ive also included colins quicksilver, the reason for this is that it was built in septermber 1986 to celebrate 25th anniversary of vauxhalls ellesmere port production facility (1962 - 1987) was eventually registered in 1987 on an E plate, making it (potentially, speculation) the last 1.8 GTE.

summer 86 was also the start of teardrop alloys as standard fit.

I'm not sure the exclusive cabriolet was officially recognised as a gte model, but it had sports seats, a 2 litre, and gte body kit so i've stuck it in for diversity !!

gtes01.jpg
    gtes02.jpg

gtes03.jpg

image_18188.jpg

gtes04.jpg

gtes05.jpg

gtes06.jpg

gtes07.jpg
    Last edited by DarrenH; 23-08-2019, 07:44 PM.

i know i have posted this before, but the old thread got trashed, images were dead for whatever reason. now updated with specific dates for 1.8 gte

Comment

Working...
    X