Excited!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited!!

8 long years ago my 1986 Vauxhall belmont 1.6 in mint condition with only 31709 on the clock was stolen, taken for a joy ride and destroyed.
    ​​​​​​​Today, thanks to exclusivemark - I picked up her keys to get her taxed tonight and collect her in the morning.

I know you'll be chomping at the bit to see progress photos from her restoration but I actually don't have any. Much as I would have loved to have done her myself, I am simply not qualified and so trusted her to exclusivemark.
    He has worked magic with her. Yes it took 8 years but I am happy to now say, she is coming home.
    She will never be in her original condition - after all, its impossible to be original when the entire front end (bonnet, and both wings, front doors and passenger suspension) was totally destroyed having been ploughed through a narrow gateway and then headlong into a fencepost (the little scrotes were never caught, though I hope karma sought them out and dealt with them).

I will have photos tomorrow when I get her home but in the meantime here some photos, from when I first got her and a couple showing some of the damage.
    She is not perfect, there are still parts I will need to source and I'm hoping some of you wonderful people who have helped in the past with minor parts, will now be able to help me with a few more to bring her back to perfection.

I will list in the future but for now, I'm going to bask in the knowledge that my precious baby is coming home
    Attached Files

What a nice car and what a story. It?s sort of similar to my own. Very nice to see a non GTE and even a pre-facelift getting some well deserved love and attention. Will be looking forward to see some more photos of it.

Comment

Hi Debby, that's great news, and yes, it has been a long time. :-)
      See my project car HERE.

Comment

Good to hear its survived

Comment

i do rember this car well ....congratulations bella!!

Comment

Working...
          X