Vauxhall Heritage Centre Open Day - 10th June 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Heritage Centre Open Day - 10th June 2018

A few of us from the South East decided to meet up again at this years Vauxhall Heritage Centre open day which was held on Sunday 10th June. After an initial meet up at the A12 / M25 junction we all drove on round the M25 stopping off for breakfast along the way before driving onto the Heritage Centre at Luton This year was the 25th anniversary of the Vauxhall Heritage Centre. Overall a good turn out of varying Vauxhalls from across the era's. Although not planned and only a couple of miles away a bit later on in the day we all drove onto the Luton Festival of Transport Classic Car Show which just happened to be held on the same day. All our cars attracted plenty of attention at both shows. A great day out with all the guys from the club again. A few pictures below of our cars and the Mk2 Astra line up from the day.

20180610_115830.jpg

20180610_115816.jpg
    20180610_115730.jpg

Saw this advertised and meant to go...was the Heritage Centre open for you to look round?
    My current fleet!
    1989 Astra GTE 16V
    1985 Astra 1600SR
    1991 Astra Mk3 1.4LSi "The Shed"
    1984 Opel Monza 3.0 GSE
    1984 Porsche 944 Lux
    1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeonrat View Post
      Saw this advertised and meant to go...was the Heritage Centre open for you to look round?
      Hi yes the Heritage Centre was open for the public to wander round. The cars are fairly packed in but they had a number of them parked out the front of the Heritage Centre too. Shame you couldn't make it was a good event and day out.

Comment

Nice one

I've got to get to one of these but always seem to be working

Comment

Was a good day out Clive...... Did you end up with any old pound coins

the transport show was pretty good too..... Good job we had an invite

Comment

those of the orange indicator ilk, not well represented !

Comment

Originally posted by laney View Post
              Was a good day out Clive...... Did you end up with any old pound coins

the transport show was pretty good too..... Good job we had an invite
              Yeah really good day. You done well to get us all in as gate crashers at the transport show and even better getting away with paying your entrance fee with not entirely legal tender currency LOL.
              The two dodgy pound coins I got of your's as change I have since manage to offload so all is good

Comment

Was a good day mate, I'll try and upload some pics
                1800 GTE turbo project
                http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/showt...-time-for-cars!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post

Yeah really good day. You done well to get us all in as gate crashers at the transport show and even better getting away with paying your entrance fee with not entirely legal tender currency LOL.
                  The two dodgy pound coins I got of your's as change I have since manage to offload so all is good
                  Bloody cheek! They used to be legal..... I can't help that if the Royal mint wants to change the ?1 coin hahahahaha, you wasn't the only one to get 2 ?1 coins in your change mare! Get them on eBay!!!! Retro pound coins lol

Comment

Originally posted by laney View Post

Bloody cheek! They used to be legal..... I can't help that if the Royal mint wants to change the ?1 coin hahahahaha, you wasn't the only one to get 2 ?1 coins in your change mare! Get them on eBay!!!! Retro pound coins lol
                    You might find this amusing but there are actually people out there doing just that on ebay LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Coin-H...0AAOSwD7dbBH27

Comment

Working...
                    X