Desperately need help ladies and gents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need help ladies and gents

I have been looking for a replacement mass air flow metre now but to no avail. I stupidly messed around with mine and keep getting the bloody engine management light on and car revs at 1600 rpm so presume this to be down to maf. The one i have on the car is a Bosch 682 15 14 then theres number underneath saying 0280212015 does anyone have one laying around please ☺☺☺☺☺☺

Hi,is it a 8v or 16v that you need mate.

Comment

Hi steve its a red top 16v. I beleive the car started out as a 8v and not sure if the air intake system is the original or came with engine when changed. Need to guidance and help if you have 5 minutes to chat im on 07739132262 cheers Alan

Comment

Hello mate,there are second hand air flow meters on Ebay.
        The 16v engine you have will have a 16v afm as the 8v are different types.
        I just bought one myself.
        Last edited by STEVEBOXER; 28-04-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Cant find any to match the bosch numbers on mine on ebay. Do you have any guidance mate ?????

Comment

This appears to have the same Bosch number 02 802202 015
            eBay item number:

Comment

You say you messed with it but what did you do?

I managed to 'recover' on once by using an air duster on the hot wire (removed from the car and not plugged in) and making sure all contacts were clean.

Adjusting the idle mixture screw a quarter turn at a time may also help...

Comment

You say it revs at 1600rpm, have you also tried cleaning the ICV (Idle Control Valve)? Also double check for air leaks on the intake.

Comment

To eliminate the afm it may be worth a try start the car up unplug the afm if the car starts to run rough then afm is fine when you plug it back in revs should go back up...

1600rpm imo i reckon it's the idle control valve (ICV) that is at fault.... remove ICV clean/spray with carb cleaner try moving the flap and cleaning it out thourghly then spray some wd40 in to it same again open the flap up and spray inside.... btw the flap is on a spring and should spring back when you attemp to open it up.

Comment

Hi teri
                    if i unplug the afm it runs like a bag of spanners so its looking like the icv. I have a icv that i have just had professionally cleaned so i will try and put it on. The other issue is if i floor it the engine management light stays on. Will try what you have all said. I have a naff air filter cone thing on there too feel this may be one off the issues to looking to get a hks or something similar ☺ thanks for all your advice.

Comment

I would get rid of the after market air filter and put the original one back on.
                      My car was idling at 1900 rpm,it turned out to be the throttle position switch which cost about ?30 for a Bosch one.
                      Last edited by STEVEBOXER; 12-05-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

How did you get on with this?

Comment

Hi Steve

i have pulled lead of the maf and it runs really bad so i presume the maf is working judging by comments made. it idles at around 1600 rpm and the engine management light comes on if you rev it. I am in the middle of moving so the plan is to get it motd then swap the ICV i had cleaned and see if that makes a difference. i wish i had not binned the original air filter now as that looks like it could be one of the issues bloody car lol

Comment

Hi mate,you will get there.
                            Second hand air boxes can be found on ebay sometimes.
                            I would change the tps for the sake of ?30 too.

Comment

Why do pound signs appear as ?

Comment

Working...
                              X