Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In car carpet laying

Hi all Astra peoples

My carpet in my astra gte is looking a little old and i was thinking about buying a black one on a roll and installing it in the astra. Has anyone out there done anything similar and was it easy? Any advice would be appreciated as ive given up trying to find a second hand black one lol

Hi

I have recently ordered one from RockAuto, http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/p...,flooring,1264 its for the Pontiac Lemans, which I believe is an identical shell. The carpet is moulded, the only issue is that the heel pad is on the left hand side, although its stitched so can be removed. They have a number of colours and types available.

Out of the box, a little crumpled!

Its not finished yet, but its getting there.

Fitting hasn't been too bad, the first cuts are the worst as there is no going back.
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Comment

you can see the carpet above is 1 piece, and many complicated shapes. i think trying to make it from scratch out of flat sheet would be a complete nightmare (even taking it in sections)

Comment

Guys this is fantastic news and agree was dreading cutting into shape really useful information a great bunch of chaps ☺

Comment

do you have the part number of which one to order as cant see the pictures now

Comment

If you add the photobucket add on you will be able to see the pictures again, but this is the part number info.
            ACC 12181160 (12181-160-1079000000) Flooring (5703.20.9800)
            Color: 7715 Gray

Comment

Working...
            X