GTE 16V on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTE 16V on Ebay

Looks ok but does mention it's a CAT C, what do we reckon it's worth?

GTE 16v

Who knows. There are so few about it just depends how badly someone wants a reasonable example at the time of sale.
    Last edited by zygalski; 24-03-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

its quite an honest advert for once, i.e no mention of MINT, excellent for age, or any of that other nonsense.

from the front wings to the rear of the car the paint is in a real bad way. i'm not sure if it was applied with a gloss roller or got a bad reaction when it was painted, mega orange peel.

its got the wrong interior in it, it should have the horrible thorny beige interior. but thats a bonus as most people prefer the dark interior, but i would go over it with fine tooth comb to check the attention to detail of when they fitted it all, can see some missing trim in the pictures and wonky door cards for instance

i don't personally think a cat C would devalue it, they are nearly 30 years old now and you should "value" a GTE on the condition of the chassis, which applies just aswell to a non accident repaired GTE
      Last edited by DarrenH; 25-03-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

As said, the state of the market at the moment makes it very difficult to value. Ideally it wants repainting, which of course is not cheap, and also as said it has the "wrong" interior - not much of an issue (and I don't mind the beige interior, though it's true the charcoal one is more sought after), but it should be complete and well fitted and not just "thrown into" the car.

Bearing in mind the paint, the MOT history (mileage discrepancy aside) doesn't look bad really so if it's a good runner and crucially doesn't need sills, arches or work round the wishbone mounts, I'd say 3-3.5k would be tops. Cat C not so important bearing in mind what it is, I'd be more interested in the decent folder of receipts than the Cat C myself. But it's already too expensive to buy sight unseen now, I'd view it first if you fancied a bid and check the usual trouble areas if I were you.
        Last edited by Pigeonrat; 25-03-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X