Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few photos of the new site

VBOA Update

A couple of my mates attended a meeting at the new site of the National Rally, They had a progress update and walked the site. It is pretty much a flat field of 75 acres that is fully fenced and secure. The plans for where the clubs will be standing are still being worked on but the thought is to have the clubs set out in a time-line. will update you again as soon as i know.

Here are some photos
    Attached Files

a blank canvas! did you spot many facililililities or is gonna be a back of baby wipes for us

Comment

Haha maybe a few sheep and a couple of loose chickens but that's about it
      I'm sure it'll work out ok as long as we get a decent pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Gtedan View Post
        Haha maybe a few sheep and a couple of loose chickens but that's about it
        I'm sure it'll work out ok as long as we get a decent pitch
        sheep on site entertainment pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post

sheep on site entertainment pmsl
          Lol better keep away from them or they will end up like this Click image for larger version

Name:	Funny-Sheep-Pictures-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	517443 pmsl

Comment

If I make it I'll be bring baby wipes, you won't catch me wiping my bum on a sheep no matter how soft and warm it may be!

:P
            L
            My vehicles:
            1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

So how was it guys did it live up to expectations?

Comment

it was ok actually ! considering google earth and satellite version of google maps still shows it as a farmers field (and allegedly taken this year) i think they just about pulled it off.

they had festival type porta-loos, and also mobile trailer versions near that brick office, ditto for showers.

the fields are huge but all the clubs were organised round the edges with a vast wembley stadium expanse of grass in the middle unused, and this wasnt the show arena either. south side in the pointy bit was very cramped with clubs and cars, again had their own wembley in the middle, everyone was like hmmm cant we just have a bit of that !

i dont speak for everyone but most of us seemed to think it was better than billing, just needs a few tweaks and continued use as a show ground will help facilities roll on and improve i think vboa and organisers did very well, essentially at short notice, in a new location, considering it isn't a holiday park with decades of established organisation and facilities on tap

Comment

Has anyone got any pictures of the day to upload? I missed it this year unfortunately. Why did people think it was better than billing and what sort of facilities was on site?

Im gutted I missed it this year

Comment

Thats alright then im pleased it all went well for everyone and as it was the first im sure next year will be even better, maybe some of the long term cars on sorn will be out to play next year inc my own to help fill the field. Other people have said to me that it felt more chilled and relaxed than Billing ever was but i will have to next year to find out with the resto car that always seems to be ongoing!
                    What was the Auto jumble like? i was talking to some of the stall owners a couple of years ago at Billing who said it was getting to expensive to set up a stall.

Any photos of the club stand?

Comment

entire site has 8 foot fencing round it, manned gate, patrols were going round the perimeter road quite often. maybe not needed but it gave a good impression that they were taking people property and safety seriously. they had autojumble, now free of northampton council restraints, loads of stalls, fun fare type area with rides, bumper cars, boats (yes really!) electric toylanders round a track. burger vans and food court type bit. tonnes of ice cream vans dotted around which were all bedford debonairs and CF's (bonus points attention to detail)

another plus, because its not a "holiday park" Kai and Lacie werent driving round at 2am in their X reg transit tipper having a proper "look" at all the stands

here'a one of the governors pictures (Allen Mead) think this is sunday morning, it was quite tidy and arranged saturday
                      Last edited by DarrenH; 12-07-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thats reassuring because i know there has been some issues at Biling in the past with things going missing during the night from both cars and stalls! Gutted i couldn't make it this year but just wasn't possible was looking forward to meeting a few of you guys as well.
                        Haha yeah looking to see what they could half inch after everyone had been on the beer all night and crashed out. Nice photo there Darren

By the way i spoke to one of my mates today who knows Jon from the VBOA and apparently one of the new mangers from Billing has been given hes p45 due to the bad decision made of stopping the car clubs attend, this is because of the massive loss of income so watch this space for next year as it could be back thers and i believe some clubs have already been invited back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtedan View Post
                          By the way i spoke to one of my mates today who knows Jon from the VBOA and apparently one of the new mangers from Billing has been given hes p45 due to the bad decision made of stopping the car clubs attend, this is because of the massive loss of income so watch this space for next year as it could be back thers and i believe some clubs have already been invited back.
                          its my understanding they have already replaced half the show stands with static caravans and Gite and were focussing on making billing a dedicated holiday park

Comment

This information has come from a vboa member but will see what else i can find out

Comment

I've been speaking to Mick and they already have a better plan for next year and should be using up all that wasted space and having the arena in the middle of the site and clubs/ trade around the outsides

Comment

Working...
                              X