Billing 2016 - After show thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing 2016 - After show thank you

I got back around 6pm last night but had lots of sorting to do before I could put the cars away and so I haven't got to this until now. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in putting on a great weekend - for my part, as a passenger in the process I had a great time and really enjoyed the new stand location next to the arena. If the VBOA goes back to Billing next year, I hope we can keep that spot - lots of footfall and interest in the cars.

It was a drive back with incidents though, lots of muppets on the roads, a horrific pothole incident (caught on the dashcam, which I will upload to YouTube) while changing lanes and later on a stone landed at the edge of my windscreen while in lane 2, so it now has a crack. I don't know, it's lasted all this time and then I bust it on the first outing. My conclusion is that I won't bring the trailer again and have to be a good boy sitting at 60 - instead will stick to the 'proper cars only' lane and keep up with the muppet traffic.
    See my project car HERE.

Originally posted by Ian T View Post
    I got back around 6pm last night but had lots of sorting to do before I could put the cars away and so I haven't got to this until now. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in putting on a great weekend - for my part, as a passenger in the process I had a great time and really enjoyed the new stand location next to the arena. If the VBOA goes back to Billing next year, I hope we can keep that spot - lots of footfall and interest in the cars.

It was a drive back with incidents though, lots of muppets on the roads, a horrific pothole incident (caught on the dashcam, which I will upload to YouTube) while changing lanes and later on a stone landed at the edge of my windscreen while in lane 2, so it now has a crack. I don't know, it's lasted all this time and then I bust it on the first outing. My conclusion is that I won't bring the trailer again and have to be a good boy sitting at 60 - instead will stick to the 'proper cars only' lane and keep up with the muppet traffic.
    agree ! sorry i didnt spend a bit of time catching up Ian. i started out with good intentions saying hello and stuff, helping with gazebo and flags, then got swept up in food, drink, lad banter, weapons grade nerdyness, third world sunburn and before you know it was 2am on the M1 wondering where the time went ?

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
      agree ! sorry i didnt spend a bit of time catching up Ian. i started out with good intentions...
      Me too! I made the dumb assumption you'd be there all weekend and thought 'no rush' as you were always in conversation when I saw you. I doubt I managed to catch up with everybody (sorry - next year!) but to those those I did - it was good. I singularly failed to take a decent set of photos, so I am rather hoping everyone else got some nice stand photos.
      Last edited by Ian T; 18-07-2016, 12:33 PM.
      See my project car HERE.

Comment

I also wanted to chat with more people however i got involved in buying many sets of GM wiper blades which ended up taking a lot of my time, then getting lost on the way home and causing myself an extra hour on top of an already epic journey
        Last edited by mrdezzer; 18-07-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Yes agree I thought it was a great weekend overall and it was good to catch up with everyone and share the usual lads banter and chat. We had a really good turn out with a good variety of cars on show that everyone should be proud of. I actually thought the new location right on the front of the arena was far better than I thought it would be and probably help raise the profile of the club. As already mentioned above if we are back at Billing next year it would be good if we can keep that spot

Comment

Anyone take any photos of the weekend to post up?

Comment

Well said Ian although i am sorry to hear of your drama on the way home. Aside from the usual insect mess, i also ended up with stone chips galore, i guess its to be expected after the circa 700 mile round trip at motorway speeds.
              It was a great weekend and was really good to catch up with everyone - well worth the 7 / 8 hour drive each way, thanks to everyone who made us feel welcome.
              My back was in pieces by the time we got home this morning however the car didnt miss a beat. My son Cameron was chuffed that we got to go round the ring, every year he has asked if we can do it so we were really pleased to be asked - thank you!

I agree with Clive on the location, hopefully we can retain this for next year.

Thanks to everyone for the effort thaat went into making it a success.

Cheers

Al
              Pride & Joy..

1990 Astra GTE C20LET

Everyday cars..

VW Caddy Maxi Kombi
              Audi C7 S6 4.0 TFSI

Current project....

1986 Nova Sport

Comment

Had a look round the Mk2 Astra stand and there was a stunning selection of cars! Loved the Astra Champion's and Alasdair's black GTE 16v Turbo on Mistrals!

Shame about the move of pitches for you guys (We managed to keep ours at Just Opel Vauxhall) but will be interesting to see what happens for 2017

Comment

TBH.. the pitch move was a total success.. Couldn't have planned it any better
                  So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Heley View Post
                    the pitch move was a total success.
                    I agree much better than over the bridge out the way and a nice central location to get the club lots of foot fall.

The best bit of the mk2 stand was Pembos wonky bonnet and the 4S starting up for the gate crashed Astra mk1 parade lap.

Last edited by Harvey; 21-07-2016, 03:57 PM.
                    My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Comment

Working...
                    X