Clear All

• Steering collum horn contact

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	521914
    Hi
    I'm looking for one of these please if anyone has one.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gtedan; 18-05-2018, 10:13 PM.

Just the pin?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Vau...65/20011219438

Lauie.
    My vehicles:
    1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Hi Lauie,
      No I need the whole bit with the pin, the person before me has fitted an after market wheel and removed it.

Cheers
      Danny
      Last edited by Gtedan; 20-05-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Hi Dan do you mean this bit. I lifted this picture up from my resto as had to replace mine at the time. You can see the GM part number in the picture which should help.
        I've checked GPS parts search / Autovaux and Opel Classics both of which are showing nil stock. Might be worth giving Autovaux a call to see if they can get one for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_092154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	521924

Comment

My German isn't good Dan but this looks like an aftermarket equivalent if you can no longer get OE ones.
          https://www.ebay.de/itm/Interrupteur...MAAOSwIzJalpoA

Comment

Hi Clive,
            Thanks for that mate this is one of the parts im looking for, going to see if I can find a GTE steering wheel and buy the contact pin that Lauie posted up

I already have a steering wheel centre with the 16v logo so just need a wheel but got a feeling I wont find one too soon.

Cheers
            Danny
            Last edited by Gtedan; 20-05-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

No worries Dan. From memory i'm pretty sure there is also a spring that goes with the pin. If you use the part number of the contact ring on the EPC it should show it in the overall exploded parts diagram.

Comment

I'm sure I have a couple of steering columns on my shelf doing nothing so should have the part with the pin contact that your after. Probably got the plastic disc as well that goes on the steering wheel in an old aftermarket boss kit. If you're stuck and want me to go digging through my spares just let me know. FYI the mk3 Astra/mk3 Cavalier/Calibra (none airbag) are all the same as the mk2 Astra
                My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                  I'm sure I have a couple of steering columns on my shelf doing nothing so should have the part with the pin contact that your after. Probably got the plastic disc as well that goes on the steering wheel in an old aftermarket boss kit. If you're stuck and want me to go digging through my spares just let me know. FYI the mk3 Astra/mk3 Cavalier/Calibra (none airbag) are all the same as the mk2 Astra

Hi Harvey,

Now i feel spoilt haha yes please if you dont mind that would be a big help and could even be intrested in the boss kit if its for sale as i only have a aftermartet steering wheel, do you know what wheel that boss fitted on to ?

Oh ok thats good to know

Regards
                  Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                    No worries Dan. From memory i'm pretty sure there is also a spring that goes with the pin. If you use the part number of the contact ring on the EPC it should show it in the overall exploded parts diagram.
                    Hi Clive,

Yes will need the spring aswell, someone has made a right pigs ear of it before i got it back

Comment

It's a multi boss kit so fits a number of aftermarket steering wheels. What wheel have you got? Happy to sell the boss kit. I'll drop you my number via PM & if your on WhatsApp can send you some pictures.

Comment

Yes ok thats easier , yes im on WhatsApp

Comment

I've double checked and I've got two boss kits that will fit the mk2 as well as two genuine GM horn contacts for the back of the steering wheel and two columns with the pins and springs. I'll send over my number in a PM so pop me a WhatsApp message over and I'll send you the pictures I took this morning so we can sort out which boss kit, contact ring and pin/spring you want

Comment

A bid thanks for Harvey for the parts, its all sorted now

Comment

Working...
                            X