X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forever Smitten
    replied
    Thanks Steve.
    Loved driving it home. Only hit the 4K rev limiter twice but otherwise the car was fine all the way home. Few minor issues as we discussed but nothing to condemn the car or your description of it. Glad to justify my user name again.

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied
    Car is now sold.
    Many thanks to the forum for hosting the thread & also the forum member who bought it.

Leave a comment:

• G.TERI.E
    replied
    Originally posted by jav786 View Post

Surely can’t be 2 Gary’s had enough with first one ,

It's mint mate believe me look at the pictures..... Pictures i taken when I first bought it.

Leave a comment:

• jav786
    replied
    Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post

You wouldn't of been happy the car doesn't even run properly, management light came on and went into limp mode, doesn't rev past 3k in neutral and cuts out in 3rd gear under load..... Arch's need sorting out as they are out of shape a full paint job is required as laquar is peeling and all the above and more issues.... It's as full restoration.

This guy is another Gary.... Don't be a Gary.

Surely can’t be 2 Gary’s had enough with first one ,

Leave a comment:

• G.TERI.E
    replied

So glad I didn’t waste a 12-13 hour round trip for this SHOW CAR!!!

I think the seller needs to go specsavers if he thinks his car is a show car

long and short of it is the car was wrongly advertised and celery is not as the car in the pictures or description on the sale advert.

You wouldn't of been happy the car doesn't even run properly, management light came on and went into limp mode, doesn't rev past 3k in neutral and cuts out in 3rd gear under load..... Arch's need sorting out as they are out of shape a full paint job is required as laquar is peeling and all the above and more issues.... It's as full restoration.

This guy is another Gary.... Don't be a Gary.

Leave a comment:

• jav786
    replied

long and short of it is the car was wrongly advertised and clearly not as the car in the pictures or description on the sale advert.

Typo,

Leave a comment:

• jav786
    replied
    You don't need to be a bodywork expert when you can see rust in the boot of the car and big gaps between the sill and side skirts.

​​​​​​​

long and short of it is the car was wrongly advertised and celery is not as the car in the pictures or description on the sale advert.

Leave a comment:

• G.TERI.E
    replied
    You don't need to be a bodywork expert when you can see rust in the boot of the car and big gaps between the sill and side skirts.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied
    Sorry 1200 pound drop from 5200 to 4000.
    Anyway, looks like I'm keeping this so a moot point.

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied
    Ok fair enough.
    Car is no longer for sale. Sorry to waste everybody's time.
    I freely admit I'm not bodywork expert but I thought it was worth the ?1.5k drop I took to ?4k.

Leave a comment:

• G.TERI.E
    replied
    Can't see this fine example hanging around the chap who buys it won't be disappointed glws
    I think I need to take my words back.

I don't normally do this or like to discredit anyone but you need to change them old photos and add updated photos of the car and the effected areas and be totally honest with the description, it's definitely not a show car as you are claiming and be brutally honest admit it's time for Saj to go through a restoration.

Not fair having people drive miles from all over the UK to view a car that's being falsely and incorrectly advertised.

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied
    Thanks guys.
    I'll be very sad to see Saj go, but it's really not fair the car just sitting there and being driven for an hour once or twice a week due to working from home for the foreseeable.

Leave a comment:

• G.TERI.E
    replied
    Can't see this fine example hanging around the chap who buys it won't be disappointed glws

Leave a comment:

• mick g
    replied
    It looks a very good car chap, good luck with the sale

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied
    Took the ad down on Car & Classic due to phone ringing off the hook.
    Car is still for sale though, but have a viewer from the forum due to see it on 14th November and will not sell it before that viewing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X