Ebay - Lovely Example 8v GTE for Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay - Lovely Example 8v GTE for Sale

Just seen this one pop up for sale. Prices do seem to be going a bit bonkers just recently. This is no exception by the looks of it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Vaux...cAAOSw6rda~JXk

the downside is that as prices increase, so does our scrutiny ! and with scrutiny many of the cars not meeting our high expectations

it almost feels like we are getting to "RS" tax levels, where people are pricing stuff based on trends in asking price, when it they used to be based on trends in selling prices (invariably much lower)

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
      the downside is that as prices increase, so does our scrutiny ! and with scrutiny many of the cars not meeting our high expectations

it almost feels like we are getting to "RS" tax levels, where people are pricing stuff based on trends in asking price, when it they used to be based on trends in selling prices (invariably much lower)
      I guess there are other factors starting to play a part too Darren in as much that there just aren't the examples out there anymore and more people chasing than there are cars. On "how many left" the last time I looked there were only 70 - 80 odd 16v and the same 8v GTE examples taxed and on the road. Compared to some of the other dying species of the same era those numbers are very low. Also there does seem to be a growing desire for 80's hot hatches in general. As the RS / Fords start to price themselves out of the market people I suppose look to other marques like the Peugeot 205 GTI which has seen dramatic increase in values in recent years to. Maybe its the turn of the Astra GTE to be next in line to start the increasing in value trend.

Comment

Agree fully with all the comments made i feek thats why i will hold onto mine for as long as it will last. Roll on the ?10k brackets lol

Comment

so it ended with no bids and reserve not met.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8vgte_forsale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	521933

logical solution ? re-list it even higher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8vgte_forsale2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	521934

Comment

I think the price is too strong as its an early example without electric windows etc by the look of it and the go fast stripes on the side are not straight which would tell me it surely is not owned by a perfectionist and therefore must be over priced for an 8v (only my opinion based on the sale prices of other recent GTEs).

Comment

Does seem rather strange to relist a car that had no bids and therefore didn't make the reserve first time round only to be put up for sale again for another ?1500 more. The bar was definitely set high as a starting bid in the first place as well as having a reserve price even higher. The seller would have been better off setting the starting price at say ?3000 to entice would be buyers in just to get the bidding off the ground and then just watch it steadily climb. The other alternative if selling a low owner low mileage stock car and if it really is a good example that will appeal to a collector is to perhaps sell it through a classic car dealer on a commission sale basis that will market it properly to achieve its true potential value.

Comment

I think in today's market 7 thousand is a fair price for a 8v.
                Ten thousand for a mint 16v and clives champion is worth at least 12.5k.
                just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X