Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedford astramax 1.6 diesel

not sure where to start with this but here goes
    a friend of mine found this 6 months ago, it had been parked up for 16 years under a lean to on the side of a house so sort of out of the weather, so I had to buy it!!
    i got it started and driving ,after fresh fuel and checking the belts weren't going to disintergrate,the brakes are free surprisingly,
    its almost complete minus a wing mirror and airiel,probably a couple other little things one rear bumper corner is broken off But it's in the back of the van
    i intended to restore it but as usual it's one too many ( alredy got a astra mk2 Sri, and a nova) so one has to go,
    bodywork not the best but I think definitely worth saving
    needs
    front wings
    sills
    Inner jacking points
    arches inner and outer
    rear panel (number plate panel, it's sort of saveable!)
    rear doors could be saved with some fabrication
    front doors are pretty good
    bonnet is good (still has the sound deadening)
    front panel/engine bay is pretty solid but surface rust
    bulk head is pretty good, and floors are a lot better than I thought they'd be but are holed
    needs to be viewed really but I can send loads of pictures
    i stripped the front end and interior to inspect the rust and was surprised at how good it is, I haven't had it up on a ramp
    so I could go on for a while but il call it a day there,
    so come and buy my dreams off me!!
    ?350 is what I'm looking for that's what I payed and I applyed for a log book (there's also two new rear lights included)
    I can deliver but the price would need to be negotiated
    please contact pm me on here for my phone number

Attached Files

Located anglesey north Wales

Comment

good news is that its a 1700 diesel, so the new buyer just bagged an extra 3 horsepower

to be frank ive seen tons of adverts for GTE's over 2 or 3 grand that haven't put this much effort into the description or pictures, so respect for that !

Comment

There you go, even under played the engine size!! Just wanted to be honest wouldn't want anyone to turn up and be disappointed ,

Comment

It's going on eBay tonight

Comment

I don't want to do this but would there be any interest if I broke this up for parts? Be a shame but I need some money back out of it!!

Comment

no sniffs on ebay mate ?

Comment

A few but no ones turned up! I could park it up and forget about it, but the only spare room I have is in a field! So that wouldn't do it much good

Comment

Sold and gone to be restored!!

Comment

Working...
                  X