Rear Wheel Drive MK2 Needs Finishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wheel Drive MK2 Needs Finishing

Unfortunately i dont have the space, facility's or the time to complete it. Bits of the shell were roughly done so iv tidy ed some of it.
    The rear wheel drive conversion has been done pretty well in my eyes except a few cosmetic bits that a bit more time spent on could of been a lot better. Looks very strong like it could take some abuse.
    The running gear is lotus sunbeam and suspension parts are readily available by a couple of company's
    Included in the sale are all the parts i have sourced these are -

GTE Doors with electric windows no rust at all and very straight, i bought doors because the doors that are fitted have been lightened and fitted with perspex sliding windows and i wanted it to be on the road with some security.
    GTE bonnet
    GTE Rear bumper with fogs
    GTE Front bumper (not the best!)
    2 x Cobra monaco bucket seats (blue)
    Harnesses
    Original Roll cage
    Dash with clocks
    Car wiring loom
    New front lights
    rear lights
    front wings
    various other items like seals, locks etc
    A Set of staggered revolution RFX's with slicks - These are for sale separately. (1st pic)

You could have this thing back on the track or even the road in not a lot of time if you just wanted chuck an engine and box it and build it back up plus it has the msa logbook so i don't think there's too much messing around there.
    I personally wanted to redo the shabby looking bits and turn into a tidy looking road going track-day car but iv literally got too much going on at the moment to get anywhere near it.
    It owes me around 1500 pounds so any sensible offers around here and you will own the old girl, under 1 condition i want a go when its done!
    Located in Stoke On Trent

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

07716552913 Mike

Re: Rear Wheel Drive MK2 Needs Finishing

ah i remember when you signed up and us discussing the car would be incredible when built up and running

any gen on running gear ? gearbox and prop i mean?

Comment

gen???

Comment

i really want this shame good luck with the sale

Comment

Was the conversion done with a particular engine in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Astra Dan View Post
            Was the conversion done with a particular engine in mind?
            The MSA logbook states engine cc is 2000cc Make - Ford so im guessing it was a pinto but im not 100% the engine bay and tunnel is that big you could probably put what ever you want in it.
            I do have some rear wheel drive engine mounts for a c20xe which will come with the car

Comment

£1200 somebody must want this!!!!

Comment

£800

Comment

I have 2 redtop engines for sale I can throw one in at the right price

Comment

I very much doubt you would be able to get this back into a legal rallycar as the MSA will likely withold the Logbook when sent back with an engine change or address/owner change as it is very unlikely to meet K37 rules.

Paul..
                    My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Punko View Post
                      gen???
                      sorry, gen is short for general information. i meant does it come with prop, axles, gearbox etc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Punko View Post
                        I have 2 redtop engines for sale I can throw one in at the right price
                        Just out of interest bud, how much are the engines a piece?

Comment

i still have this for sale minus the seats and harness's !

Comment

Working...
                          X